Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please support

Default Please support

I have found the best P2P client, it's only music though, hope you don't mind.

It's not disgusting like kazaa, it doesn't have spyware or adware, and it's really really fast!

If you have windows XP, just make sure you don't have that crap firewall enabled, use a real firewall.

www.piolet.com

Please, everyone get Piolet! And remember to share!

Default Re:Please support

torontonian, thanks for the link. I'll definitely try it and report.

Tried it .. followed instructions to allow access via zone alarm .. does not connect!!! disabled zonealarm still does not connect.... not wasting anymore time on it!!

I also tried it but the connection keeps tripping in and out. I did get a pripps that certain foreign organizations were approaching local ISPs regarding p2p apps, so I'm not sure if poor connections are a part of the plan.

Kazaa seems to be running quite ok so I don't think that slow connections woudl be a result of that, it may be because of the current worm...

It could be the worm... but truth is I've gone through the plethora of P2P apps (piolet excluded) and a lot them either sucked right off the bat.. or started to suck as time went on.

I wouldn't be surprised if this one is pretty buggy as well. My all-time favourite used to be eDonkey... Overnet is pretty... but I guess the Grand-Daddy of 'em all and reigning champion Kazaa will just suit most needs, with WinMX and audiogalaxy running fast behind.

No disprespect to ye ole Napster, the Godfather that kick started the concept of most of these others, it's in a category all by itself.

ok, it seems to be working now. Apparently I forgot that download performance is dependent on the file sharer's system :-[

How does it compare Chris (or anyone else)?

Well, I don't have any problems connecting with Zone Alarm/XP, and the speeds are amazing. When I was with cable, I would get speeds up to 180 kilobytes, and now I'm on my DSL connection, I get my full connection of 130 Kilobytes. Just make sure when you are downloading, you use multiple sources, and set it to use most of you bandwidth when you're not doing anything else. Downloads will be faster. I love Piolet, it's so fast. No spyware/adware, and crappy 128 kilobits bitrate songs. I hate kazaa to death, such a terrible program.

I haven't tried it but it seems like a promising P2P client based on some of the reviews at Download.com. However i hate clogging up my system with unnecessary software so i don't think i will be downloading this one or any other P2P client any time soon, KaZaa and eMule works just fine for me, especially when you have sites that complement them so well- http://sharereactor.com for emule/edonkey and www.fasttrackmovies.com for KaZaa and other websites. Piolet is just another one on the looooong list of P2P software out there, but it's good to have a lot of choice, who to tell the movie and record companies might just succeed in @$#@$ up KaZaa. Btw hackers close down the RIAA's website a few days ago guess some people don't take too kindly to their lawsuit against KaZaa ;D
    Finally could someone tell me if there is any truth to the story that a number of local ISP are been asked to block access to P2P clients over their networks?