Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Site Cost

girldemsuga Guest

Lightbulb Web Site Cost

A friend of mine wants me to build a web site for him to advertise his business.
    Off the top of my head, i am thinking it will be about 5 => 7 Pages.

Question 1:
    I have no idea of how much to charge him so could someone give me some hints as to prices.

The site will be hosted at a server at his house, one of the pages required is a page to make reservations, I'm planning to have data submit to a database.

Question 2:
    What server side scripting technology should I use PHP or ASP.net.
    I am a programmer and i work with both MS SQL Server and MySQL 5.0.

If he is running a Windows Server, go with what works best with windows, ASP.net with MS SQL.

If he is running a Unix server, go with what works best with unix, PHP and MySQL.

This depends if you are comfortable in both php and asp.net.

The cost usually depends on what scripting technology you using on the pages. Like flash based sites will cost more, than regular static html pages. Database driven websites are also in a similar price range as flash sites (anyone can correct me on that).
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

girldemsuga Guest

He already has a windows box which will have the site content and right now ASP is the easiest option for me.

This site will be a bit fancier than the one in the link below.

This Site Here

yeah... i have.. a similar... problem.. to in that.. i have no Idea on website costing... I work with PHP as my primary.. scripting language.. along with different database...

The bulk.. of my jobs.. usually consist of at least on flash object, (currently completing a completely flash website) and databases... I fine that my sites .. and design.. are very .. at least form my point of view.. and of course.. that of my customers....

However.. my price always.. seem to be ridiculously low.... so some give me an idea of what a grapically well, layout site would cost... that runs entirely database driven... and at time even have a database control panel.. for content change and updates...

I am talking a one page website... that changes both in layout and information..base on active and pass session along with data being access
    Last edited by Overkill; Feb 16, 2007 at 12:18 PM.
    Why fight Information Technology when you can outsource IT

I am not seeing the answer for this question, can someone give me a more precise answer like a price range or a basic price?
    live good today cause u will never know wat will happen 2marrow and it was never promised to no man either

Standard industry rates:

Web Design - $65 - $120 US per page
    Web Application Dev. - $40 - $65 US per hour

Where your prices would fall on that scale boils down to how good you are and how much you think the market will pay you in particular for your services.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

40 - 65 per hour eh?

maybe I should go back to programming

girldemsuga Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pogi_2nr View Post
    40 - 65 per hour eh?

maybe I should go back to programming
    It all depends on how good you are and if the client is willing to pay that amount.

It sounds good! Thanks Moni-Q
    live good today cause u will never know wat will happen 2marrow and it was never promised to no man either

Maybe ... a charge for developing the site - charge per pages(/contents)??
    and then another charge for maintainance (upload|update)???

more money per hour though....??
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com