Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Pearl now available from Digicel

Lightbulb Blackberry Pearl now available from Digicel

Features and Design

First and foremost, this is a quad-band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) EDGE/GPS world phone, usable wherever GSM service is available (all of Europe, for example). It's also a BlackBerry, with full push/pull enterprise and POP email services, along with Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, or ICQ instant messaging.

As noted, the Pearl offers both a music player compatible with AAC, AAC+, MP3, MIDI, and WAV files and a video player compatible with most MPEG-4 Part 2 formats such as DivX, AVI and QuickTime, and stereo Bluetooth (Bluetooth 2.0). There's a 1.3 MP digital camera with flash, support for real music ring tones, HTML Web browsing, voice dialing, and the usual array of PIM functions. The T-Mobile version also supports the carrier’s myFaves feature.

Aside from these sterile specifications, the petite Pearl (4.2” x 2.0” x 0.6”, a bit wider than Motorola's KRZR) is a pretty polished phone. It has shiny jet black plastic with metallic silver highlights, smooth lines, and a Zippo lighter-like gestalt. And at 3.1 ounces, it's surprisingly lightweight. Pearl's 2.2-inch screen is bright, with better blacks and contrast than the BlackBerry 8700c.

To accommodate its restrictive screen real estate, however, BlackBerry's multitudes of options are listed, requiring lengthy scrolls. There's an "organize applications" option that lets you re-sequence the list and determine which five options appear on the home screen. One option you'll need at the top of your list is the otherwise buried keypad lock, especially if you plan on carrying the Pearl in your pants pocket.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

and the grand total price is.........
    Wanna have an event? A party? A session?
    Need some help? Not sure where to start?
    Juss Ask Rach....
    Need some PR? Media links?
    Juss Ask Rach....
    JussAskRach@gmail.com / rachiebabie101@gmail.com

Get all the info and assistance you need, heck I'll do it all for you.... no need to worry

Coincidentally, I also saw in today's paper its available one bMobile as well.
    MS Software does NOT have bugs. They're called random features

yow d fone mad. was checking the specs on it from late last year, it hav camera and all
    using BlackBerry Pearl 8100

Quote Originally Posted by RachieBabie View Post
    and the grand total price is.........
    i hear its going for 32k (not sure if tax was quoted in that already or not) but that did sound too cheap to me still

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng View Post
    i hear its going for 32k (not sure if tax was quoted in that already or not) but that did sound too cheap to me still

yea i heard that to ... is it worth that though?
    Digicel - 3681919

...awaiting a white pearl ;
    Will our mobile companies support all the features of the pearl? eg EDGE
    ...well, if yes then the cheaper blackberry service plan;
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

jomo Guest

the camera sucks, so a no no for me, my girls mom seh she ago buy one

The bmobile price is $28000 plus I think I saw in the ad. So Digicel's $32000 night not be far off. This would be a nice replacement for my bmobile 6230 but then again not so sure.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Only thing i dont like about it is the keypad... doubt it can last more than 6 months

I want one but
    But I'll wait till one of u kind folks willing to sell me for little or nothing