Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony says Nintendo Wii is an "impulse buy"

Cool

I was watching a backlogged episode of CNet's Buzz Report from Jan 29 and Molly reported that the Wii was on sale on Amazon again....this time for a MERE 28 minutes before selling out! It's so funny, yet true, what she said - that's not even enough time to get a credit card out of your wallet much less go through the entire checkout process.

It's also interesting that it's February and it's next to impossible to find a Wii selling from any store online. Major retailers like BestBuy, CircuitCity, and EBGames only have Wii consoles available for purchase in their 'brick and mortar' stores! PS3s are readily available online though, if you want one - that is.

The big man over at Sony ---- NOT PLEASED!

They have no Wii's in brick and mortar stores. PERIOD.

My sig other has been in NJ, NY, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale visiting family, there are none in any store she has been in.

She actually called me two nights ago to say she finally got to demo one in a Gamestop and it was loads of fun.(Nester-san is Jealous)

This big crowd was there and everyone was playing and laughing. The Store Manager came up and in a very tired voice said,"We have no Wii's, we don't know when we will be getting more, no, the other stores don't have any, no, you can't pre-order."

So I said what about the PS3s, she said "Tons of those, all over the place"
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Default Some in jamaica

It will be available in orchid village plaza htis weekend www.str8gamesja.com

I know an insider who says you're a phony!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Let me continue to through some wood into this fire

Wii outselling PS3 in Japan

For me, the fact is that the PS3 would be more successful if they lowered their price...I mean US$250 is the Max a console should cost. Anything higher is ridiculous for me.

The only reason the PS3 is US$200 more than it should be is Sony's use of the PS3 to push their BlueRay Technology as the de facto next gen media. Now that's sad.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE View Post
    Let me continue to through some wood into this fire

Wii outselling PS3 in Japan

For me, the fact is that the PS3 would be more successful if they lowered their price...I mean US$250 is the Max a console should cost. Anything higher is ridiculous for me.

The only reason the PS3 is US$200 more than it should be is Sony's use of the PS3 to push their BlueRay Technology as the de facto next gen media. Now that's sad.

operative term....try to push....cause it looks like they were their only enemy in the BR/HD race
    bored with too much to do