Thread: Jamaica Linux Users Group (Jalug)

Default Jamaica Linux Users Group (Jalug)

For all/any interested person(s), Jamaica has a Linux Users Group.

visit www.coollist.com and joing discussion group JALUG.

Or send email to jalug@coollist.com requesting to join.

Or contact Valerie Gordon @ 978-8558
    or Donavon Campbell @ 755-1252 / 383-7769

Default Re:Jamaica Linux Users Group (Jalug)

Donovan,

BTW When is Jalug's next meeting?
    Also, venue?

I suspect that some on the JALUG "discussion group" (including myself) don't like the mailing list format of "discussion" as it isn't very interactive at all. :-\ Since you also raised the issue of JALUG, why can't JALUG assist in getting the latest distros around?

Thats a tricky one. Our usual meeting time and place was the first Saturday of each month at the Liguanea Cyber Centre. In recent times, the turn out for these meetings had fallen off so the powers that be decided to in effect, convert the LUG to a 'virtual' group, with discussions held online and having a meeting only when a pressing matter needs to be discussed.

So right now that's where we stand. Another thing is the the Cyber Centre has changed location. It's now situated on the first floor of the HWT Post Office. So in the future, that's where we will converge.

Chris,

Jalug has available for immeadiate delivery Mandrake 8.2, Debian and soon RH.

You may contact myself @ 383-7769 or 755-1252 (leave a msg), or Valerie Gordon @ 978-8558.

Soon we hope to have several distros available in commercial locatons (Innovative Superstore) with the adds-space going to Jalug.

-donavon

Jalug has recently put in place a new excutive board. We are now planning for a meeting when the CyberCenter opens at it's new location above the HWT post office.

This should be around August 10. However, the date is not yet confirmed.

There will be lost of new an innovative events and programs delivered by Jalug. "Stay Tune, Jalug has just began!"

-donavon

I also have a copy of Turbo Linux if anyone's interested. I'll pass a copy to Donavon seeing as how he seems to handing distributing ditributions.