Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394

Thread: Introduce yourselves....in here

Welcome P1xl. Always good to see more programmers around doing stuff.

Welcome P1xl, thanks for joining up. I like your focus and plans, stick to them. Timelines and paths may change but the goals shouldn't, especially when they're constructive like yours. You've set a 2-yr plan after completing the BSc, set a 3-yr plan as well for the year after the CCNA. Re-evaluate after the 2.5 yr mark.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Blessings all, 2nd year SCIT comp sci student. Trying to figure out how to make it in the IT world in JA but being an introverted/shy person makes this super hard lol. I have some interest in python, learn't a bit about web scraping using beautiful soup & selenium over the summer and now i'm learning about sql which seems really interesting. Unsure of what paths are available to me tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywata View Post
    Blessings all, 2nd year SCIT comp sci student. Trying to figure out how to make it in the IT world in JA but being an introverted/shy person makes this super hard lol. I have some interest in python, learn't a bit about web scraping using beautiful soup & selenium over the summer and now i'm learning about sql which seems really interesting. Unsure of what paths are available to me tho.
    Welcome. Learn and diversify as much as you can, you will eventually find your niche and path.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Welcome Skywata.

If you really like programming (or think you could really like) I would highly recommend that you spend as much time as you possibly can practicing. As an introvert programming gives you the opportunity to makes a nice living from the comfort of your home. To do that you must be able to demonstrate your skills in the form of real world projects that clients can review. Not having a solid portfolio that clients can review is the single biggest mistake I see most aspiring programmers make so practice, practice, practice and you'll be able to add some solid portfolio items in a year (if you're serious).

Good luck and happy coding.
    "Fortune Favors the Bold" -Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by sumo View Post
    Welcome Skywata.

If you really like programming (or think you could really like) I would highly recommend that you spend as much time as you possibly can practicing. As an introvert programming gives you the opportunity to makes a nice living from the comfort of your home. To do that you must be able to demonstrate your skills in the form of real world projects that clients can review. Not having a solid portfolio that clients can review is the single biggest mistake I see most aspiring programmers make so practice, practice, practice and you'll be able to add some solid portfolio items in a year (if you're serious).

Good luck and happy coding.
    Welcome. What he said. But if you're in JA just make sure you get a UPS. Essential with JPS......especially in certain parishes.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Hello Everyone! I'm Mark. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mrswan View Post
    Hello Everyone! I'm Mark. :-)
    Hi Mark, welcome!
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com