Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves....in here

Default Re:introduce yourselves....in here

oops sorry, i forgot that there are extensive resources at http://www.quaker.org

Thanks Mike! I happened on that site shortly after I made the post m'self. What I didn't know was that the Amish were directly related! I thought the Amish were a sect unto themselves! Very interesting!

Actually, I tend to prefer one's own soul searching to finding and worshipping God than through direct feed from a layman. One tends to be a lot more convicted of God and resolute in this respect and is not easily deterred in the imminence of peer pressure - especially with young people who grew up in the church. So many of them fall away during their teen years. And yet, most adult christians find God in their teens. What a paradox!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ropy, I'm currently in the process of collecting the best of the best. As far as Dual and Lain are concerned, those are next on the acquisition queue. But the ones I find myself currently wrapped up in are:

- Akira
    - Animatrix, The (Miniseries, all 9 episodes)
    - Ghost In The Shell
    - JoJo's Bizarre Adventures (Miniseries), and here
    - Metropolis (incredible animation in this one)
    - Naruto (Series; very, very good one this is)
    - Neon Genesis: Evangelion (Series)
    - Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (Miniseries)
    - Ninja Scroll
    - Princess Mononoke
    - Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi )
    - Vampire Hunter D / Bloodlust (two movies)

...and some other classics like Gundam Wing and Robotech. I'm still doing some research and collecting them as I become aware of them. Thanks to my circle here at work, all I have to do is say the name, and they got it. These guys have an equivalent of over 200 Gigabytes of Japanimé or Manga. I'm still sorting through the list...and don't worry, we don't keep these things at work.

Xeno....always the master of words....(need to check you on getting some of them anime)

Anyways Nice to see you all....

Welcome To TechJamaica.....

First Timers....share what you have with us.

You Guys.....Keep it up.

Your Opinions are indeed valuable to us.

(Mannings High School Motto)
    "Life Without Learning Is Death"

CodeName: matronyx
    Speciality: linux,fps,bball

My name is Franz.

Well my name is Sean and I am a 21 year old virgo. I am a complete technolgy freak, I am a Programmer/Analyst at National Commercial Bank's I.T. Division who also does a little web development now and then. I also build PCs in my spare time and enjoy playing video games and watching movies, and also drag racing my nissan pulsar gti-r (my second girl behind my souped up computer)

How the living version of your girlfriend don't know this.

I don't think you understand Nastro, the man is an extreme technological enthusiast (being politically correct here ;D ) Why would he just settle for typical flesh & blood?

I think that means his real gf is a sentient cybernetic entity that looks and behaves like the real thing. Maybe that's why he needs that kinda machine power to compile her operating system. Remember, he DID say he was a programmer....aaah!

...........just kidding fellas, pay me no mind. ;D

no man, she thinks she is number one, but my computer and car knows better, i am just kidding, my girl is the number 1 girl in my life, but you techies understand, a computer and a car are man's best friend, especially when the live ones are giving us problems.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20
    no man, she thinks she is number one, but my computer and car knows better.....a computer and a car are man's best friend, especially when the live ones are giving us problems.
    - WELL SAID MY YUTE! WELL SAID! ROFLMAO!!

With that said, I wonder if there are any females on this site? I've yet to encounter any.