Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves....in here

Default Re:introduce yourselves....in here

You'll know me as Ropy, but actually I'm one of the most hated in island...

Omar Davis from Falmouth... Don't hate there no e ;D

I'm a game freak and an anime/SciFi junkie... Mess arround with photoshop allot, two of my most recent works: my avatar and nastros'... I'm also a believer and support SETI, and will one day hack your machine ;D.

Currently studying Network security & VB... Soon I'll start Network+, Server+, MCSE, C/C++ & Redo A+ & JAVA...

Thinking about becoming a security analysist (get to HACK ;D), network/sytems engineer...

Oh, did I tell you fellaz the I'm gonna rule the world by 2010 ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy
    ... Mess arround with photoshop allot, two of my most recent works: my avatar and nastros'...
    Hey Ropy, I really like your and Nastro's avatars. It was just recently that I was "eyes-ing" off Nastro's. Really nice work 8).

Thanks... ;D

Should've done this a long time ago...

I go by the handle Xenocrates. I'm based in Kingston, JA and I'm the senior systems development officer at a sub-branch of the Office of the PM. Involved in modernising public sector business practices via software / web development using everything and anything from a text editor to MS Visual Studio .NET.

Have dabbled in almost every development IDE and almost every operating system / software / platform / hardware / technology known to man - with the only exception being anything to do with LINUX... (Cknight is going to kill me for this...)

I'm MCP/MCSE and currently pursuing B.Sc. @ Utech for otherworldly reasons. Marriage is still a long way off...

I'm proactively involved / interested in:
    - General Philosophy and ontological / epistemological argument
    - Counselling
    - Technological Innovations in Gov't
    - Brutal mindless gaming every now and again
    - 3D Sculpting / Animation
    - Web / App Development
    - Gadgetry (so long as it has electrons running through it!)
    - Researching the psychological construct of the female mind
    - Japanimé / Manga
    - Movies (scifi / martial arts / both)

.....oh, and I like computers (well.... : )

.....oh, and I like computers
    i wouldnt have guessed at all ;D

btw, what 3d do you do?

mikedaregentile... you figure out where to break that up, also known as "don't panic" in other circles...

With apologies(on behalf of the entire profession ;D) to Gillion I am a TEECHUR in New Jersey. Have been kicking around tech for quite some time (first computer was a commodore vic 20(8KoF RAm!!!!!) and first professional experience was on an IBM 026 Keypunch machine) my most recent experience was running a 650 workstation VINES then Netware network in a middle school. I guess what I mostly do is figure out ways to bring technology into education(in spite of teachers!). Outside of school I host a few non-profit NGO and school websites, dabble in flash, php and any code i can beg borrow or steal.
    I'm a Quaker, a groom to my bride of 17 years and a dad (6 adopted crumb crunchers). American by birth but Jamaican in my soul.

Since 1996 have been running a personal charity recycling used technology and support to Jamaican schools (http://oneriver.org) which probably is what brought me here. With any luck will relocate to Ja in about 1329 school/work days(but whos counting).

Fascinating... A Quaker! very nice!

Correct me if I'm wrong mikedaregentile, but ur faith is also known as the Society Of Friends right? and your faith is indeed based on Christianity, true?

If so, I've always wanted to ask, but knew no quaker personally, Isn't the Quaker's belief of the "inner" man or "inner soul searching" somewhat related in dissent to Calvinism? If not, do you know what the differences are?

Another thing I want to ask this: Why are there so many similarities between Quakers and the Amish? (in terms of social conformity) Sorry for asking so many questions! I hope you don't mind! I'm just fascinated by the sect. Just out of pure curiosity. Don't mean to deviate from the forum topic guys. Thanks! ;D

Yow Xenocrates, got any anime like Dual, Lain etc.??? Do you also happen to have any Stargate SG-1 episodes??? ;D

- and here I thought him saying he was a quaker meant he liked playing Quake ??? , either way.. nice to know u mike ;D

Yup Religious Society of Friends

Wellllll
    lets see, i guess that the core of things is a belief that there is that of God in every person (yeah even Saddam or Omar) and we seek that in relating to each. We do refer to it as an "inner light" and praying for someone would be referred to "holding one in the light" there are innumerable "quakerisms".

Quakerism is considered a "primitive" form of christianity that being a belief in direct communication with God w/o the need of a "minister" to intervene/intercede on our behalf. We didn't do away with the ministry, we did away with the layity. Each person seeks their own gift of ministry.

Quakers can run the gamut from bibliocentric christians to wiccans and a whole range in between. There are Catholic Quakers and Jewish Quakers and other "flavors" as well. There are programmed (ministerial) churches and unprogrammed meetings (worship arising out of silence)

There are three traditional "Peace" churches, quaker, amish and mennonite. Each holds a belief in pacifism and simplicity. Within the amish there is a high degree of conformity to the group. The Mennonites are less so and the Quakers are the most ecclectic. Quakers are highly service oriented though we tend to get the ball rolling and let others run with it. In Ja there is a Quaker orphanage at Highgate and i understand the school in Happy Grove was started by quakers. There are a few meetings in Ja including two in K'ton

BTW the beard is simply cuz i hate to shave