Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves....in here

Default Re:introduce yourselves....in here

I tried the site in the latest Opera and it works ok. Keep up the good job.... better than what I could imagine doing myself. 8)

Hey

Thanks for all the input. I originallly made the site for IE because mostly everyone has that on their computer wether they want it or not. I was planning on making a second version of the site that is compatible with Netscape and other browsers like Mozilla,opera etc... I wanted to do majority first. All of your suggestions are very good. I appreciate it. I'll be in touch.

Rude!

Quote Originally Posted by RudeBoy
    Hey

Thanks for all the input. I originallly made the site for IE because mostly everyone has that on their computer wether they want it or not. I was planning on making a second version of the site that is compatible with Netscape and other browsers like Mozilla,opera etc... I wanted to do majority first. All of your suggestions are very good. I appreciate it. I'll be in touch.

Rude!
    Actually if you stick to using Mozilla to develop your stuff... 95% of the time it will work in IE... hell if you stick to standards W3C et' al then you don't even have to work on majority first.... What MS has done is try to indoctrinate coders to not support standards... but support MS stuff only, thats where the money is right ?
    But really and truly if one sticks to standards then one can have the best of all worlds.
    In the past IE won the browser war. Now... does it matter ? Saffari, Mozilla, Opera, Netscape, Pheonix... the list grows on and on and I don't see MS trying to fight back... so what was the point ultimately for MS ?
    And the browser was free anyway !!! lol

--curious
    Gillion

P.S. For MS standards means more room for succesfull competition (java anyone) this is not a good thing right ?

gillion, s this is the newbie post section, maybe we ought to take this elsewhere, but could you tell me some more about the web standards you are talking about please. this is something im not aware of when it comes to browsers.
    shall we start a new post in the correct forum?

I know about the W3C standards. The trick is, getting flash to work on all browsers. The whole site is made with flash/actionscript. Some xml and php too. The whole site is embeded into one html page. I would probably have to make a non-flash version. That will probably come when I finish the initial site.

How would I go about getting clients from around there? From business to reggae artists. Or get in on some projects where my skills can come in handy.

Yeah we should probably take this into a new forum.

Rude!

hey everyone!!

Name is Jeremy from Mobay :-* bin using PC sine back in the day with 286 pc where all the rave and with my monocrome monitor (orange and black), and now, aim rollin in my **cough**crappy**cough** 1.7 ghz celeron.
    I am a bit of a lazy techi, meaning if its broken...I will fix it tommorow. I am into 3d animation, i own my own bus. in mobay(u should be seeing a comercial on it soon 8) )I repair PC, and do free lance IT consulting and I also "build" networks.

Quote Originally Posted by kilaj1
    hey everyone!!

Name is Jeremy from Mobay :-* bin using PC sine back in the day with 286 pc where all the rave and with my monocrome monitor (orange and black), and now, aim rollin in my **cough**crappy**cough** 1.7 ghz celeron.
    I am a bit of a lazy techi, meaning if its broken...I will fix it tommorow. I am into 3d animation, i own my own bus. in mobay(u should be seeing a comercial on it soon 8) )I repair PC, and do free lance IT consulting and I also "build" networks.

What the name of your bus. and where in da bay you based?

ITs Web Cafe` its located at the Vanhaze building 16 East Street, kinda out of the downtown area. Its where the Tax office use to be, and its where IMS is.

I am also the IT director of webcafe` ;D(fansy title 8) )

Greets -- I'm a Peace Corps volunteer working in IT here, checking out the TJ forums after the JaLUG types keep mentioning them.

Right now trying to figure out how digicel is filtering email....

Quote Originally Posted by griffjon
    Greets -- I'm a Peace Corps volunteer working in IT here, checking out the TJ forums after the JaLUG types keep mentioning them.

Right now trying to figure out how digicel is filtering email....
    This guy is a brainiac.... watch for his posts