Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Are They Now?

Default Where Are They Now?

I was just going through the introductory thread and the explain your screen name thread and I wondered where is everyone now what are they doing? Did everyone end up following their dreams or did they pivot? Did they migrate or no?
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Well I pivoted still love tech have all kinds of tech at home but left the networking field for Signmaking & Graphic Design. Have my own business and loving it. Still in Jamaica land we love

Not where I want to be yet. Still working on stuff. Still in tech. Still in JA and not going nowhere else. Except to visit.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

ERP Software Consultant - good mix of where I would want to be in the IT world. Will eventually pivot back into full IT.

Edited: Migrated - but at least due to the job I do I pretty much get to travel home for free...
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

I'm into Business Intelligence and Analytics at the moment. I still love coding tho. I'm in college in the US at the moment.
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Most of them got sucked into the social media - whatsapp hell hole never to return again. Either that or they migrated to Canada or some other cold place where they can get 65" tvs for really cheap. As for my I am chilling, working and holding a medez. I still update my blog from time to time. currently working on my news page; http://owensoft.net/news/

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Most of them got sucked into the social media - whatsapp hell hole never to return again. Either that or they migrated to Canada or some other cold place where they can get 65" tvs for really cheap. As for my I am chilling, working and holding a medez. I still update my blog from time to time. currently working on my news page; http://owensoft.net/news/
    hahah - leave it to Owen lol

You know come to think of it I have never bought a TV.... the 32 inch I have now I got free as part of a promotion....

see it dey, even free TV a giweh. Some people was even on MSN messenger. remember that? you would think that a service with so many users would still be around nowadays but them just gone with the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    see it dey, even free TV a giweh. Some people was even on MSN messenger. remember that? you would think that a service with so many users would still be around nowadays but them just gone with the wind.
    haha... msn, aim, yahoo messenger and even skype (getting there)...

With that being said though - I would move back to JA when I retire...

I just realized that techja actually had an RSS feed. It seems that the more time people spend on social media the harder it is to find them under the pile of crap that surrounds them. I personally have always been a socially unconventional person but you could always find me with alittle work. nowadays people are so deep in the social media grass that you don't see them unless you deep in that grass too.

Since I am updating my news thing I can point to a couple people who are the nexus of all the social media tech traffic but I don't remember any of them being on techja for too long. Maybe we are just too old to be on the internet all the time.