Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JALUG's Network Administrator Course

Yep Bacula would be cool....
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

Just so everyone knows. Bacula is an enterprise backup software that runs on Linux and Unix.

It uses agents so it can backup Windows, Unix and Linux machines.

At home I have a small network. I keep files on my Linux server. I keep email, spreadsheets and Word documents on the hard drive of my Windows 2000 workstation.

Bacula is loaded on the Linux domain controller and is configured to use a DDS 3 tape drive. Each Saturday evening, Bacula automatically backs up the data on the Linux server and the files on my Windows 2000 workstation.

I also use it at work to backup the domain controller. I have configured it to send me an email at home at the end of each backup. That way I can know if the backup went through or if it failed because the tape is full.

in truth

where is dyoll building again?
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Quote Originally Posted by Krems View Post
    in truth

where is dyoll building again?
    40 Knutsford Blvd. -> On the right after the entrance to LOJ mall if you're coming from Trafalgar Road end.
    -I didn't spel chek.
    The stuff I do

I was it today, I just came from the country, could'nt make it?
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

I honestly didnt remember..

You guys need a better way of reminding ppl of these events...

You guys need a better way of reminding ppl of these events...
    What way do we currently have?

i was at the meeting last afternoon and it was very informative. i have in learning linux and being able to run a network using it but adter that class learning that linux and be incorporated within a windows network for various purposes it has sparked a new interest for linux.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

OMG!! i just saw this thread.. sorry i never knew in time, i would've attended.
    so to anyone who attended yesterday how was it?
    For every computer problem there is an upgrade with equal and opposite problems.

i was at the meeting last afternoon and it was very informative. i have in learning linux and being able to run a network using it but adter that class learning that linux and be incorporated within a windows network for various purposes it has sparked a new interest for linux.
    Glad you found it useful. There is a lot more interesting stuff ahead.

In time you will see that learning Linux will make you a better Windows administrator. We went into quite a bit of detail about Windows DNS and Active Directory. I hope you now understand DNS on Windows a lot better than you did before.

Networking is networking. Doesn't matter if you are using Linux or Windows. Once they use the same protocols, we can integrate them.