Thread: The Wii Laptop!

Default The Wii Laptop!

ENGADGET guy Ben Heckendorn did a wicked job on this one.
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/19/the-wii-laptop/
    It's the Wii laptop! We spent the last few weeks (including much time spent over the holidays evading relatives) slaving over this bad boy and finally it's complete. Check out the features:
    -16:9 widescreen LCD, 7-inch diagonal.
    -Stereo sound
    -Gamecube controller port
    -Built-in short range Sensor Bar
    -Ports for using original Sensor Bar and A/V output jacks (for use on external display)
    -Built-in power supply and compartment for power cord
    -Dimensions: 8.5 x 7.7 x 2-inches
    The PS3 does all that by default already so big Whoop! Whatever Engadget.

The PS3 does all of what?? Someone essentially created a docking station for his Wii inclusive of a monitor. All he needs is a power outlet and he can enjoy his Wii anywhere without the need for a tv. Keep your fanboyism in check as what he did was a VERY technical task and by the looks of it he pulled it off successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    The PS3 does all of what?? Someone essentially created a docking station for his Wii inclusive of a monitor. All he needs is a power outlet and he can enjoy his Wii anywhere without the need for a tv. Keep your fanboyism in check as what he did was a VERY technical task and by the looks of it he pulled it off successfully.
    When did you leave High School? Dude seriously, have you ever heard of sarcasm? 'PS3 Fanboy'....yeah, uh huh!

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to detect in text so I try to just quote facts so I'm not misunderstood but you are right I need to lighten up and stop taking all of y'all so seriously . Take it easy yu hear boss I didn't mean to offend you.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Sarcasm is sometimes hard to detect in text so I try to just quote facts so I'm not misunderstood but you are right I need to lighten up and stop taking all of y'all so seriously . Take it easy yu hear boss I didn't mean to offend you.
    It's cool man. It is really awesome what he did, i must say, but how practical it is...I dunno; especially if you want to play with other people. But i suppose it's just a proof-of-concept. I don't think you'll see any offical peripherals ala - the monitors (and battery packs for some) that you could attach to your last gen. console to make them portable.

I guess that was the joke though; Sony packed eveything into a PS3 and forgot to include a popup monitor? Blasphemy!