Thread: Square Enix Licenses Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3

Default Square Enix Licenses Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3

Square Enix has announced that they have entered into an agreement with the Gears of War developers to license the Unreal Engine 3 middleware to be utilized in Square Enix's next-generation game development.

The complexity of next-generation game systems featuring HD graphics and multi-core parallel processing poses a number of technological challenges to our game development. However, we can expedite our game development process significantly while allowing extra time and resources to be spent on game design and mechanics by establishing an effective technology platform,” said Taku Murata, General Manager, Research and Development Division, Square Enix, Co., Ltd. “The technology platform for game development is becoming more important than ever. I'm excited to be partnering with Epic Games in such an important area.
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12625/...real-Engine-3/

I'd like to see them use that engine in a FF game (for pc thats not online, for crying out loud).
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow