Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Part 2: Increasing Internet Speed @ No Extra Cost !!

Quote Originally Posted by :+:+:+:Dr. Rokk:+:+:+:
    ..... cable and wireless have all di proper equipment to provide world class service but decause we black accept di abuse dem will forever give us poor service and overcharge fi it... "personal oppinion"---> c&w can provide up to 6mb for 29.99 but why you already willing to pay that for 256k....
    Actually, CWJ has the Money to give us better service NOT necessarily the Equipment to do it. Them don't have an up-to-date ADSL system NOR do they have enough International Bandwidth.

So you see, them actually don't have the equipment.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Boo- (!expletive deleted!) - Hoo

It just goes to show the level of commitment to developing the tech landscape here on JamRock... yeah they have the money, but monopoly or not they could have done better... Suggestion: Take a page form AT&T's book CWJ.
    Master Yoda:"Strong with the force TechJamaica is"

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE
    ...NOR do they have enough International Bandwidth.
    Why go to the monumental expense of building out new infrastructure when there is already a local provider with a fat pipe, willing and able to sell you all the bandwidth you need. Add the fact that it would take them even longer to recoup costs if they went the build-it-yourself route because there is already one provider competing in that space and possibly another to come at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE
    Actually, CWJ has the Money to give us better service NOT necessarily the Equipment to do it. Them don't have an up-to-date ADSL system NOR do they have enough International Bandwidth.

So you see, them actually don't have the equipment.
    Based on what we've seen about it on these forums they have lots of excellent high-quality bandwidth from 'somewhere' but thats not the prob. The customer delivery mechanisms are currently crap.

Flow has their own Pipe that gives them significant leverage in terms of price as well as true competition in the speed race.

Pre-Flow most ISP's had to go through CWJ for dial-up and there was significant barriers for competing on the high speed front.

Now we see a race that cannot be won by CWJ because of there archaic infrastructure.

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Willy
    Pre-Flow most ISP's had to go through CWJ for dial-up and there was significant barriers for competing on the high speed front.
    ...and where does Flow's entry into the marketplace leave ISPs now or more accurately, where might it leave them months from now? While on the subject, ISPs are getting better prices now [from both providers] than they have at any other time but are these savings being passed on to the customer?

Well "traditional" ISP now have added competition from the cable operators in some regions (eg. JACS). So they must now compete. Cybervale in Ptmr. has always been competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx
    FLOW this FLOW that...
    All good with these broadband packages. Still seems like that promise a father gives to his 6yr old kid: "I'll buy you a bicycle when you get to 12 son."
    And the kid goes out and jumps for joy, telling his friends that in six yrs time he'll have a better bike than that bully up the road.

In other words.... I dont see em in my area. They have no specific time in mind for specific areas. I Live in Montego Bay, Westgreen. Should I expect service end of summer? year end? Next 2 years? Where can I go for the answers?
    I must also agree with matronyx... the "good things come to thouse who wait" policy is agonizing... they need to strike the iron, and we can move forward from there
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jul 28, 2006 at 03:15 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Seeing that Montego Bay is the tourism hub for the Caribbean ...(so they claim ) id think they woul roll out something this side too. I'll wait though... no toher choice
    Calm Like a BOMB

lucky you, i'm in westmoreland, rite next to you but i'm sure they aint gonna reach my end anytime soon, by then i wil probably give up and go with careless and worthless. they called me today again offering internet service.
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Goucham
    Why go to the monumental expense of building out new infrastructure when there is already a local provider with a fat pipe, willing and able to sell you all the bandwidth you need. Add the fact that it would take them even longer to recoup costs if they went the build-it-yourself route because there is already one provider competing in that space and possibly another to come at some point in the future.
    Are you saying CWJ must buy bandwidth from Flow?? Probably temporarily but I'm sure when the TCCC Fiber is complete, they'll stop.

Tourists not suppose to be using up so much bandwidth
    Them suppose to be out in the bushes or sun bathing or buying from the craft market vendors...not surfing the web. I believe the Hotel's have enough bandwidth for the small number of persons even thinking about WORK while them on them vacation in this beautiful country....If Flow can't cover New Kingston and Beverly Hills yet, why u think Mobay going to any luckier Hush....6 more months and lets see.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards