Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Horizons Computer Learning Centre info

Exclamation New Horizons Computer Learning Centre info

Has anyone been to New Horizons Computer Learning Center, i am thinking of doing A+ certification course there. Does anyone have any idea of the cost?

why not contact them for the course costs ... http://www.newhorizons.com/content/c...d=284&zipcode=
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Question Info as given to me

So the cost is US$1258 for 10 evenings. My question, "Is it worth it??" whats so different/special about New Horizons as compared to Software Training Centre or anywhere else??

Thanks manymoods for your response but i was just checking around - searching out my options. I have info on software training cenre, infoserv -but someone mentioned them to me so i was just enquiring, reserching on them.

Quote Originally Posted by manymoods View Post
    So the cost is US$1258 for 10 evenings. My question, "Is it worth it??" whats so different/special about New Horizons as compared to Software Training Centre or anywhere else??
    i want to know the same here, i want to do this cert, but is the cost really worth it? infoserv does the same comptia A+ for around 25k...but it only 3 dys a week...New horizons is 4 dys a week, an u can finish in 2 1/2 weeks...opinions?

I been wanting to do that A+ too. I'll watch this space...
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

New Horizons Computer Learning Center is a certified training center for overseas companies. What this means, they will be offering the official course material from the given vendor.

STC and Infoserv will be using their own material to present the course. The trainers might have up-to-date qualifications.
    Be what's next!

Quote Originally Posted by manymoods View Post
    So the cost is US$1258 for 10 evenings. My question, "Is it worth it??"
    That's highway robbery. You can get A+ & Server+ from any HEART Academy for less. This more seems like a boot camp to me. In other words, you are trained to pass the exam and not retain the knowledge. I would only recommend this if you know your stuff and desperately needs this cert to land a job.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

i checked it out a while back. In the cost is vendor stuff as someone said above. So u get toolkits, textbooks, etc.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

Well.. .NHC is tried and proven.. and a certified training centre. To me the extent that a provider is willing to go to meet the requirements of the vendor that they are delivering for, the quality of the facility and the expertise and knowledge of its teaching resources is directly related to quality of training received.

There have been local trainers who have been given orders to ceast and desist from making claims of provding "official training".

my 2 cents.. research the training provider properly.
    Heroes to Mentors -