Thread: outlook express import of rules & accounts

Default outlook express import of rules & accounts

PLEASE .. hope somebody can save me a lot of work.
    how do i export/import the outlook express RULES (filters etc.) and actual accounts (and settings).

i know how to get import/export the outlook express messages but i've a few hundred rules that i don't even want to start thinking bout re-entering manually.

Default Re:outlook express import of rules & accounts

I may be wrong, but the answer seems to be in the Registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{BA4ACA81-20A7-489C-AE86-18B18E00B309}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Rules

The bracketed expression should match the expression in your Outlook Express storage folder which is in my case:

D:\Documents and Settings\<my_user_name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{BA4ACA81-20A7-489C-AE86-18B18E00B309}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Default Re:outlook express import of rules & accounts

big big thanks for that ramesh ... although the old pc was win2k and the new one was winxp, i was able to do some find and replaces with the exported regfiles and it worked for the most part .. the rules were all brought over but for some reason it wasnt picking up the folders that each rule was sending mail to ... so all i had to do was reset those ... 2 minutes of work .. compared to what would have been about 20 hours of work to reinput all my rules. thanks again!@