Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SURVEY: High Speed Wireless Internet Service (J2 Ltd.)

Default Re:SURVEY: High Speed Wireless Internet Service

this is good news. how reliable is it? hmm.. but anywayz this is only good news for those in kingston... I in mobay :'(

Quote Originally Posted by J2
    We have spent a lot of time testing different types of customer premises equipment and sources of bandwidth (VSAT, CWJ, Merit, etc.). We will be offering the service to the public in about 2 weeks time. The prices have not been finalised but we are looking at an installation cost of US$150 and a monthly cost of US$50 for a 256/128 package, this is to be confirmed.

How quickly can you scale? And how big is pipe at the accumulator?

These are two good questions that are directly related. We are starting off with a 2.5Mb/0.7Mb connection, we have already made arrangements to upgrade to a 5.0Mb/2.5Mb connection within a short time frame, based upon demand. We are planning a measured roll out of about 30 new customers/month.

sounds good

I just saw this forum and have read it through, but still have a couple questions.

1. Who is offering the service? (name of company, website, I missed that)
    2. What's the coverage in Kingston? (I live in Papine)
    3. Is 256 all being offered? (I'd really want 768)
    4. What's the technology/technologies behind this service?
    5. The proce sounds good. Has that been finalized?

I want to get broadband at the end of this month, however, I don't have a phone line right now (I never wanted one until I decided to get braodband) so I'd be all for the wireless.

Thanks for the questions, we are a new company that have spent the last 6 months planning to roll out a wireless network. We have completed the network and have finished 95% of the testing. To make the service as affordable and effective as possible we are using standard 802.11b and g products.
    We have tested the service right in Papine and we have good coverage there, we are just completing the marketing plans, web site, etc and will have a early preview via email to advise all the persons who have submitted responses to our survey.
    We will be offering speeds faster than 256kbps, we will email out the final price list to all the respondents as well
    Thanks

Is it possible for you just to post it here. Or create an article and have Chris post it on the website. Why cause not everyone did your survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatis
    Is it possible for you just to post it here. Or create an article and have Chris post it on the website. Why cause not everyone did your survey.
    I'll endorse that Greatis ... let's read it here first

I am mostly in mandeville, and i am very interested and ready to pay. please tell me they will be there ???

Ok, I just did the survey today. Will I still be emailed? Or can I submit my email some other way? Hmm, stuff like this happening in Papine and I didnt know about it! Sweet. Hope this pans out. I'll be amoung the first to sign up! Maybe now I can finish my Gentoo installation without running back and forth with my memory stick ;D