Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Study Says Huge Potential for Apple Phone

Lightbulb Study Says Huge Potential for Apple Phone

2 January 2007 by axxxr

As the anticipation about an Apple iPod-phone hybrid builds with a steady stream rumors and news stories, a new research study from the Toronto-based Solutions Research Group shows that an iPod phone has the potential to be a big hit with consumers.

Among key highlights of the research:

16% of Americans aged 12+ (about 40 million) say that an "iPod" phone is a "great idea" for them personally based on a description of its likely features. In comparison, 24% of Americans aged 12+ (or 28% of cell users) own a Motorola phone and Nokia is used by 17%.

An iPod phone would have the potential to increase Apple's customer footprint substantially. Currently just over 20% of Americans 12+ (about 50 million) own an Apple product - within 18 months of the introduction of a new iPod phone, Apple's footprint can increase to over 30% according to forecasts based on the study.

Who would buy an iPod phone?

• 53% of likely buyers are women and 47% are men, suggesting broad mainstream appeal.
    • Their average income is about 10% above the national average.
    • The average age of likely buyers is 35, with 40% over the age of 40.
    • Sprint/NexTel and T-Mobile customers are more enthusiastic than average.
    • African-American and Hispanic Americans show above average interest.

Potential buyers are above average music and movie downloaders, suggesting significant incremental revenue opportunities - for example, 29% of likely iPod phone buyers paid for music in the past month from a site such as iTunes or Napster compared to an average of 12% of the US online population.

In the research, the iPod image and user experience was a big plus driving appeal. The biggest barrier to an iPod phone was the impact on battery life if used as a phone and an entertainment device. Clearly, the rumored two-battery design would go a long way in addressing this significant perceived limitation. source:cellular-news

Source: Esato.com

I would love to see Apple try taking on the cellular industry.

That pic I don't think is the official phone by the way.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 9, 2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

another upcoming money maker by apple...
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (i9300) - Digicel

damn the ipod brand (from which the iphone would derive) is just so strong.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Default how will the apple ipod phone look

I'm just curious to see what these phones wiould look like... my guess is that they will give Motorola a run for their money in the looks deprtment

but then again didnt LG kinda copy that ipod looking phone style.... .....

looks like they did but i think its tha ipod design they copied, my guess is that they didnt think apple would come out with a fone...but bwoy were they wrong...lol
    Last edited by stigy; Jan 2, 2007 at 06:27 PM.

Go to this iPhone blog to view some concept designs:

http://appleiphone.blogspot.com/

Seems they getting all excited already.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

damn these concepts look MADDDDDDD.........almost all of em i'd give a 10 outta 10 for appearances but the 6 that caught my eye are...; 028, 029, 041, 043, 045 & 047....those just take the cake...

jomo Guest

sell off!!!!!! i want one now now now where do i sign?

WONDER IF THEY WILL USE STEREO HEADPHONES DIRECTLY FROM the phone? that will be good
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 9, 2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

ya looks that way man......believe me wen dem buss all fones will cease to exist..lol only for awhile tho...till we get bored...lol

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stigy View Post
    ya looks that way man......believe me wen dem buss all fones will cease to exist..lol only for awhile tho...till we get bored...lol
    i doubt that, se and nokia will still rule, besides, not everyone will want a phone that looks like an ipod, and we still dont know how well the specs line up, im still sceptical, they might just FLOP, and ive nevber even used an ipod, so i cant really comment