Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamaican Game Machine

Default Re:Jamaican Game Machine

Hey, good idea Owen. I just don't want to discourage the man. Just thought I'd be upfront and honest about it if he were considering building a console. Sky's the limit man

Perhaps he could experiment by attempting to write an emulator for one of these current consoles. God knows that's the best way to learn about it. Some emu's actually have obtainable source code. But I hope you're good with ASM - if not, be prepared to learn it.

hey i just doing this thing for fun, and utilize the knowledge on the great mind in jamaica, so, interms of licences and things, i dont care, i just hoping that something good can come from the project.

i cant start big, so i have to start with what i can then expand

thanks for all the info still

alright weedalis, so what are we talking about here?

Do you want to build
    • a arcade style machine?
      (I always wondered where they got the plastic buttons and how they got to wired the super nes controller to the buttons)
    • an arcade style machine running on a pc (R%O%M%S)
    • console that you can connect to your television?
    • portable console (like the stupid new game boy SP)

??

more of a arcade machine running window. and one that it pat down, then i will focus on the console, buttons can be made, and a case can be made for the console

hey weedalis the business plan pasted up looks by xenocrates look alot like my so called unrealistic manifesto dont! well it's a dream worth going after. however mayb if unno serious bout dis ting ya U can start the box off by using something like a PC platform running perhaps some emulators and BANDOLOO software. but in terms of actually entering the global market with this thing check di bizniz plan

It is more than possible for you to do this. In this technological and infomation age no one can laugh. Give it a shot my friend . I will share this with you, as a child there were lots of things I wanted to make. This is why I did the Sciences in High school and Electrical Engineering at university. My sole intention was to make stuff ;D . So go ahead and follow your dreams. I think a great deal of your work is going to be on the software side.

Peace, Kacey

Hey.. great idea... I wish i could help more but I'm not a big-time programmer, not a serious electrical dude... BUT I do happen to have a link with a company able to build the box and button part of your idea.. so... if you want I can help there.

Also.. if you'd like I could probably work on developing a game to try it out .. which as a by the way.. anybody into game design..???

I'm a hardware guy. if you want a powerful gaming system and have it be compact, you gotta think LAPTOP. Sang some powerfull parts from a laptop, get a shell mad or custom older around the hardware.

LAPTOPs already have everything made very small already (processor,memory,hardrive,cdrom,network capabilities etc.) With a few subtractions we can make it work as astandalone gaming system.

1. takeout hardrive and use usb memory sticks or use a smaller hardrive and store everything their. Bad part is you can share files or saved games quickly nad on other consoles like it unless you do a link up with other systems.

2. Remove monitor, we gonna hook it up to the monitor or tv anyway.

3. Remove keyboard and use controllers

4. Add more usb ports (hub), and that will allow for the use of the system with 16mb up to 512mb flash cards (although we wouldnt need that much) and usb game controllers.

5. keep theb attery incase current chip out like it might here in jamaica somestimes.

This was all thougt up since i saw the thread about 10minutes ago so i havent fine tuned anything yet BUT its a good idea and i'll contribute more ideas as i get then refined. Gimme a link if I dont post anything for a long time after this goes up.

ohh yeah...we need some serious cooling.

and probably an addition of another processor just for kicks, if you dont agree with the processor thingy you could upgrade the video card memory to 256 by putting together the memory from two video cards with a couple of solderings done here and there.

Then theres the boot process and stuff, but i aint no programmer to that so someone else will figure that out.

u know when all is done what we gonna have is something close to a ps2, or maybe ps3 or ps4 may come out already. but this really got my thought process going. might have to start drawing schematics for the hardware.

sounds like you r building a cheap and small 'xbox' there man.
    i mean, just check the specs.