Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: WWW.CARIBYARD.COM

pcchick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tredoggg
    i wonder if those girls come here too
    A few......I am apart there and here as well.

So having said all of this, what's it gonna take to get more participation from some of you guys over at the off-topics free-for-all (CaribYard.com)??
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    So having said all of this, what's it gonna take to get more participation from some of you guys over at the off-topics free-for-all (CaribYard.com)??
    Actually could we ask why it is that having advertised CaribYard they have not been using it in place of the OT Thread here?

why does the site ask me to enter my username and password after i have checked the remember me box?
    "Babylon Ah Listen From Oh so Far"

Quote Originally Posted by acidblade
    why does the site ask me to enter my username and password after i have checked the remember me box?
    Just wondering, if you have a problem with the site, why not ask over there?

Do you have the same problem here?
    What browser are you using?

It's a cookie problem on your side. It should create a cookie on your computer when you check the box and log in.

Make sure the date on your computer is correct.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cookies --> View Cookies. This will show you all cookies stored by firefox. Look for www.caribyard.com in the list and delete them. Then try logging in again.

If you're using IE, the easiest way would be to clear your cookies and try logging in again. Internet Options --> General Tab --> Clear Cookies. Although this will clear ALL your cookies and you would need to re-enter your username and passwords for other sites that uses cookies. (Just one time)
    If you're the technical kind of person, you can manually look for a CaribYard cookie in the cookies folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies
    this is for XP.

Look for the cookie named username@www.caribyard[1].txt or any cookie with the caribyard.com url in it, and delete it.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

because it's really annoying to be entering username and password every minute.... plus i was doing jus that but got fed up....so do u know what the problem is?

See my previous post for some suggestions.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

lol ok i didn't see them..thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Maybe you can add your 2 cents to make the site interesting.

Another way of looking at it is for example: techja is a tech site. Therefore the site will naturally attract tech heads or people who love technology. Caribyard is an open forum with all types of persons with different hobbies, likes, dislikes, etc...signing up. It will be harder to find someone in CY who has similiar patterns like yourself as oppose to techja

Next point: Techja has over 2,000 members and believe it or not half of these users signed up are yet to make a single post. In reality, Techja has in my estimates under 50 "active" members or roughly 2.5% active members. I mean "active" as members who post very often. The same thing can be classified to Caribyard. The membership right now in CY stands at 750 members. Applying the similiar 2.5% active members to Caribyard would reveal roughly 18-20 active members in CY (which btw seemed to be the case). However, because of the ratio of higher amount of active users to registered users in TJ as oppose to CY, it would seem that TJ is more alive than CY.

Next point: The off-topic thread in Techjamaica is growing to be one of the most active threads in techjamaica. Ultimately, this pattern is DEFEATING the purpose of techjamaica while at the same time drowning Caribyard which was created for that purpose. Several calls have been made before to the techjamaica/caribyard team to REMOVE the off-topic thread in techja and inform all users to revert their off topic threads to CY. However, that suggestion did not materialise albeit that there wouldn't be a "techjamaica 2". There are so much off-topic threads discussed here which are highly suitable for Caribyard and NOT Techjamaica.

So my suggestion TO ALL is keep the tech talks to techjamaica. Off topic discussions, please go the Caribyard instead
    Good point Boo.

The site have vibes now....hence my prolonged absence from TechJam.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate