Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Down

Default Re:Internet Down

What kind of link does Gotel use, and did C&W upgrade from the Cables under the sea yet ??? ???

From what I know of Gotel iis that they dont go through C and W which is a good and bad thing. Good in the sense that they dont depend on C and W, but bad in the sense that they have to do it themselves. What I mean is that they suffer if the connection them using from the US having problems. They suffer alot because they r doing it themselves. Gotohell used to have alot of issues, but right now its ok, well to be honest its like a 24 hr 56k connection although they say its 64kbs.

I found this article on Bandwidthmarket.com regarding Jamaica's CWJAMAICA, internet backbones and monopoly: www.bandwidthmarket.com/news/CPT2003032.pdf

Great info. guys...........keep them coming.... 8)

[quote author=MiTcHiE link=board=26;threadid=3638;start=0#msg33832 date=1081985116]
    From what I know of Gotel iis that they dont go through C and W which is a good and bad thing. Good in the sense that they dont depend on C and W, but bad in the sense that they have to do it themselves. What I mean is that they suffer if the connection them using from the US having problems. They suffer alot because they r doing it themselves. Gotohell used to have alot of issues, but right now its ok, well to be honest its like a 24 hr 56k connection although they say its 64kbs.
    [/quote]

What you mean by 24 hr 56k connection ???
    On that note, here is an idle screenshot of ma record log on time :P and counting, muahaha

Loving the GPRS ...Str8

To be more specific, what kind a link Gotel have, Underwater cable like C&W or sumthing different ?

[quote author=GPRS link=board=26;threadid=3638;start=0#msg33831 date=1081984595]
    What kind of link does Gotel use, and did C&W upgrade from the Cables under the sea yet ??? ???
    [/quote]

As I understand it, C&W has 2 undersea cables - 1 copper and 1 fiber. The old copper cable is to be retired soon and the newer fibre optic cable will remain. They would like to lay an additional fibre cable to connect to another major backbone, but I guess that this is dependent on $$. Bear in mind as well that they don't only use the undersea cables for international connectivity but also rely on microwave satellite links.

As for Gotel, I'm not sure what they're using.

Default Carib infrastructure

Leave it to the phreakers to have mapped out the Carib's telecom/data infrastructure. The info's only updated to ~1998, but I don't think a better guide to what goes where can be found:

http://packetstormsecurity.nl/mag/faith/faith11.txt

Some of the phone-terminology can be expanded upon from this site:

http://bak.spc.org/dms/archive/billsf.txt

I mean its dial up speeds, with a bit of glucose thrown in, and on 24 hrs a day. When it actually works I mean.

The Internet connection is extra slow today. It's annoying when you're accustomed to nice high speeds and then to have to experience this :-\