Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Down

Default Internet Down

Tuesday, April 13 2004. Seems to be an all insland internet Problem. Dial up/ADSL/GPRS all connection moving sluggish.

Anybody know what cable and wireless up to, i called but phone ringing no answer.

Default Re:Internet Down

This is an understatement, I been trying to post from 5:30, finally getting through. I am using adsl at work. I notice that techja takes ages to load, but sites like hotmail load in 1-2 minutes

C&W has been experiencing some Internet congestion problems from two months ago!!

To compound the problem since 2:00 pm today they lost one of their links to the Internet Backbone.

They say they are working feverishly to resolve this problem.

Look how dumb a monopoly can make a country. One company fail and the whole country suffers since everybody except Gotel goes through CandW tons of people will suffer.

Funny, we only had a problem for a few minutes today.
    We are on ADSL in MoBay.

Probably ur lucky enough not to be on the backbone that went down.*Whatever a backbone is* ;D

But I bet alot of Kingstonians feeling this, and since my company feeling it then it must be really bad.

[quote author=Ramesh link=board=26;threadid=3638;start=0#msg33684 date=1081898436]
    Funny, we only had a problem for a few minutes today.
    We are on ADSL in MoBay.
    [/quote]

Im in Mobay also, ADSL in the freeport Area, all day the internet moved sideways, annoying as hell Techjamaica seems to take decades to load .... Now im home on ma gprs connection and its the same thing.

We had to stop working from about 12pm yesterday. Our VOIP just kept dropping the calls our internet was rather sluggish.

Well we had most of the day off ;D ;D ;D

backbones are normally terms for the digital/analog interfaces along the network just before the main trunking cables...prolly in this case from the main telco to the cable. ;D

Thanx Deakie

in fact...have a look at some of the main highways in the usa....these are some of the backbone routes.... ;D

http://www.nthelp.com/maps.htm

and here is a moe comprehensive explanation of these backbones....

http://www.neweconomyindex.org/metro/part4_page5.html

as you can see, its right at the place where they interface that they get those problems...

some are purely digital and some are purley analog.....all depending on the type of cables in use. obviously the older ones tend to be analog and the newer fibre ones digital...

oh you will love these...jamaicas internet backbone....

Cable & Wireless assures you world-class access to the Internet as C&W is connected directly to our 'Tier One' Internet backbone in the United States
    yet it brock dung

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ICS_CENTRE.asp

oh yeah! did anything come of that?