Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: computer virus

Default computer virus

if a virus is on a computer and you clean and re-run the operating system ,,is it possible for the virus to be still on the computer???

nope it deleted with everything else as far as i know
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

why i asked this is because i made a post a few days ago ,,,my sis computer was shutting down and keeps restarting and i rerun the system and it was still behaving that way ,,she called a computer man and he told her that a virus on the system was causing the cpu to shut down....

Quote Originally Posted by AnthrAx View Post
    nope it deleted with everything else as far as i know
    Yes it can. Only thing that can almost guarantee the removal is a full format. Reinstalling the OS does not always overwrite the registry entries. And there are boot sector viruses....not many these days but still possible.

he said "clean" and i assumed by that he meant format.....what do you think he meant by CLEAN?
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

yes it was a full format, delete everything and run a fresh copy,,,cleaned,,i dont really believe wat the computer guy said anyway

Fire-T... saving lives and protecting property!!!.... earn some extra cash,,,,check this link,,no joke,,, http://bit.ly/1ixCnW6

Post he said "Clean"

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSunny View Post
    Yes it can. Only thing that can almost guarantee the removal is a full format. Reinstalling the OS does not always overwrite the registry entries. And there are boot sector viruses....not many these days but still possible.
    please read next time b4 you comment.

I think theres still a difference though, well maybe but when I think about the fact that a harddrive is never fully erased cuz if you format those files can be recovered so too can the virus, I dont think there is any threat to the system now since the format but I always make it a habit to do a VIRUS SCAN before I format any machine, if the machine cant boot I put the harddrive in my system and format

What i think is sometimes especially for people who use certain copies of software ( cough ) that you cant verify the integrity of the program that there can e trojans etc in the setup file

Bottom line i dont think theres anything to worry about but watch the system and if it starts to show any signs of bugs try to sort them out sooner than later rather than wait to the point that you cant boot the system and set the antivirus to scan emails etc and make a habit of scanning daily or weekly depending on the websites you visit and the content that you have on your pc
    There are no moral shortcuts in the game of business - or life. There are, basically three kinds of people: the unsuccessful, the temporary successful, and those who become and remain successful. The difference is character. Link me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mackspcsales

Quote Originally Posted by AnthrAx View Post
    please read next time b4 you comment.
    I wasn't going to bother but I thnk this warrants response. Firstly when he said he cleaned it He could have meant with an anti-virus programme. What do you think. Not all persons use the same terminology in the same context. He at no time said that the drive was formatted. My response was merely making sure that the difference was clear between "cleaning" and "formatting". When you deal with customers long enough you will understand. A response to mine like the one you made is simply showboating and doesn't reallly serve much purpose.

I agree with phantom
    There are no moral shortcuts in the game of business - or life. There are, basically three kinds of people: the unsuccessful, the temporary successful, and those who become and remain successful. The difference is character. Link me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mackspcsales