Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: computer virus

fair enough, i've only been running my business for 2 1/2 months so i will assume you have more experience dealing with customers. and will keep your suggestion in mind to look at statements more objectively.
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

Good luck with your business trust me misunderstandings are very easy you find that people who dont really know much about a certain topic will use the only word they can think of to describe something so be careful
    There are no moral shortcuts in the game of business - or life. There are, basically three kinds of people: the unsuccessful, the temporary successful, and those who become and remain successful. The difference is character. Link me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mackspcsales

thanks for the advice
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

similar to what others have said before......Doing a full format would delete all your files as well as get rid of the virus. If u did a full format like u said and the computer is still behaving like that, then its not a virus anymore, its a physical problem with the component as to what component i don't know, i would figure maybe the power supply and/or the battery and/or the processor.

Hey i am not a computer wiz, let me state that out clear
    Last edited by MechEng; Nov 13, 2006 at 11:15 PM.

Dont need to be a wiz man experience helps alot too
    There are no moral shortcuts in the game of business - or life. There are, basically three kinds of people: the unsuccessful, the temporary successful, and those who become and remain successful. The difference is character. Link me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mackspcsales

I would agree with mecheng. I think you might be hunting a piece of bad hardware. If you are comfortable with adding and removing hardware, start with the easy ones. Do you have an internal modem installed. Start by removing that and restart. Do the same with any other cards you may have that are not onboard. If you have multiple memory modules you can do the same. take out one restart....problem occurs reinstall and remove the other(s). CPU and the board will be the hardest to test because you will actually need somebody with a similar type board to test your processor.

problem not occuring anymore ,,,think it was power supply ,,,

Fire-T... saving lives and protecting property!!!.... earn some extra cash,,,,check this link,,no joke,,, http://bit.ly/1ixCnW6

good!!

but hey, u telling me that that after all that reformating and reinstalling, it was the power supply!!!

oh mymy, u know the first thing to check in anything is the power unit/supply before u get into anything else deep.. a so it go yah.... glad to know everything is alright

Its alwasy good to have some parts around the house to test your system i always have on hand a videocard (64mb), a harddrive (10gb) and a power supply

good to hear. Yeah some spares around not too bad at all. Power supply, hard drive. Power supply is a funny device more often than not though they just die, no juice at all. Every now and again you get the odd case of it allowing you just enough to start up and then trips out.