Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem sending email in VB .Net

Default Problem sending email in VB .Net

I have created an alert program in vb .net that sends an email whenever a service os stopped.
    The problem is that the program gives an error message "could not access cdo.message object." when it tries to send an email. It works perfectly when it is compiled on my machine but when I distribute it on another machine, it gives the error above.
    (note: i notice that this problem only occurs when it is installed on Win 2k OS)
    live good today cause u will never know wat will happen 2marrow and it was never promised to no man either

well... contact me on msn messenger(my profile on this site)...and i can help u out with ur debuggin..
    OvErSiZeSpAdE

CDO is a wrapper around the outlook dll(s). if the same version of the libraries are not on the machine as the one you created it on (or completely missing), then you have a problem.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

what can i do to overcome the problem of different verion of CDO.
    live good today cause u will never know wat will happen 2marrow and it was never promised to no man either

i am using System.Web.Mail class

"could not access cdo.message object." is a general exception error and doesn't really tell what the error is...
    use this...to get the true error

Try
    'ur code here
    Catch ex As Exception
    response.write(ex.message)
    While Not ex.InnerException Is Nothing
    ex = ex.InnerException
    response.write(ex.message)
    End While
    'LogErrors(err, 1)
    End Try

the error could be anything...related to snding mail...i compatible drivers...mail server relay problems...this should tell u...

I dont know much about programming but i think you left out the information about the port.

What are u using for the smtp server? It seems the program is unable to connect to the smtp server.

You can try using win32 mapi , import the MAPI32.DLL or something. Im sure you can find the code on the internet.
    "A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street."

girldemsuga Guest

I am currently writing a program which should be about to send e-mail.
    At the moment, i send e-mail by using a command line program know a blat
    Below is a syntax used

c:\blat.exe -to test@gmail.com -subject "Test E-Mail" -body "This is just a test e-mail" -server smtp.aol.com -port 587 -u theusername -pw thepassword -f test@aol.com
    That might be of some help to you but i also have a problem.
    Is it just me or is it a normal thing when you try to send and e-mail to a digicel phone (1876phonenumber@digitextjm.com), it sometimes a day.