Thread: Anybody planning to get a Playstation 3 soon?

Angry Anybody planning to get a Playstation 3 soon?

Here's the sitch: I vowed not to get it recently on the basis that evry system launch is roughly 70-80% flawed,whether it's the price range or tech issues. However, after a friend of mine told me he's plannin on importing it for round 60-80k, I'm kinda confused on which decision to take...

a) If I do take it, I'll be one of the many in Jamaica to really own one;however since I'm in my 2nd yr @ utech (and my peeps be stressin' on my grades) the love of video gaming may be too much for me....

b) However, If I decide NOT to get it, I'll have numerous time to reserve for it (once all the problems are sorted), plus the price then may be low enuff to even get an xbox 360..

So,If you were in my position and had 80k burning in your wallet, which option would you take

I don't care how much money i have to burn, i'm not getting a PS3 or XBox 360 until a year or 2 after tha release. That way all tha ppl with itchy credit card fingers and fat pockets can fine all tha bugs and stuff thats in em. Not to mention tha hefty release price and game availability.
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

i agree with grim..i dont see myself gettin a ps3 for the next 2 years..only way id get one before that is if somebody buys it for me (as a surprise)..

reasons are:

1: launch systems do have bugs
    2: the price is bound to drop after soem time
    3: more games will be out
    4: first gen games are not usually able to use the full power of the console (this goes for all consoles)..so by the time the second gen games come around we shoud be seeing some mindblowing stuff..
    5: GTA 4 omgz

EDIT..

i want a wii
    Last edited by don_corleone; Nov 2, 2006 at 03:43 PM.

i will be playing a ps3 anyways and there are no games that are really really really attracting me so i don't need to own one personally right now

yup i'll wait on it for awhile, nutten is as good as it seems

Go study your book and leave the game alone, try to focus on your schoolgrades.. your DAD is not p.diddy or bill or donald so you cant afford to watse your time on gamin... wait until you leave school, then reward yourself with a PS3.. or maybe by then its a PS4

Them selling for $3000 - $10,000 US on Ebay. If you n00bs have money to burn lemme give you my wish lists too.

There are 400,000 units for US TOTAL. NONE for Europe, and Japanese models finish. So really if you rich enough to afford the grey market prices, I need some DDR2 Ram, and a couple Nintendo DS games...

ONE FOOL MAKETH MANY
    Last edited by Nestersan; Nov 17, 2006 at 08:02 PM.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan