Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: good IT salary

It is nuff. Not a lot of peeps are getting over $60US and they are surviving. She don't even have to re-budget. If she spends on the needs for one month instead of the wants she'll have a significant amount left back.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Default Point Taken

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE
    Read My Post Again - everything except the million $ thing is still right.

So, we have 120K before tax....
    45% tax leaves $66K per annum....
    She's 50+ Yrs Old - has kids....
    Lives somewhere in the North US - MaryLand or something like that...

STILL SOUND NUFF!!??

PS
    Please don't try to do the conversion stuff to conclude that is nuff money. You have to live there to know what the costs of living are...
    Point taken and duely noted! After taxes doesn't sound so glamourous now especially with retirement around the corner and kids that should be in college or looking to go to college really soon. Wow.... maybe she should try some investment strategies for longterm growth so she can have something to kick back on after retirement and to take care of college expenses.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Don't get me wrong - she is not sitting at home crying about Light Bill and water bills. Those are covered. I never said se having trouble...
    I said "...she is now living as comfortable as you would EXPECT."

That was said in relation to the conversion thing. If you convert the $66K per month...anybody in Jamaica can live NUFF MORE THAN COMFORTABLE on that. But in the US...it could just be comfortable or likkle over comfortable depending on your situation
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards