Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI on Xbox Live

igodit Guest

Default FBI on Xbox Live

In incredible news breaking in the US over the weekend, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has made an application to the Federal Communications Commission requesting easy access to all forms of Internet communication, including Microsoft’s Xbox Live and online PlayStation 2 servers.

If the request is granted, all US-based Internet Service Providers will have to make radical changes to their systems in order to accommodate a backdoor listening post for FBI agents.

The request includes all forms of digital online communication, from instant messenger services to voiceover IP communications, and mentions gaming services such as Xbox Live.

"The importance and the urgency of this task cannot be overstated," says the proposal, which is co-sponsored by both the U.S. Department of Justice and the Drug Enforcement Administration. "The ability of federal, state and local law enforcement to carry out critical electronic surveillance is being compromised today."

However, this raises the point of how many arrests per day would come from tapping into the Microsoft gaming service. The constant stream of abuse, coupled with the endless threats of violent reprisals, may be too much for the US law agency to handle. Is it illegal to threaten the safety of someone's family over the outcome of a Project Gotham 2 race?

We’ll find out soon enough...

News Source: SPONG

Default Re:FBI on Xbox Live

I am feeling so violated..... :-[

who do these people think they are? what happened to freedom of expression. is there no such thing as privacy anymore?

Perhaps its a good thing I've never done any online gaming. Well except for Chess and Checkers ;D

the Federal Bureau of Investigation has made an application to the Federal Communications Commission requesting easy access to all forms of Internet communication, including Microsoft’s Xbox Live and online PlayStation 2 servers.
    You call that a good thing ramesh? Knowing the FBI they gonna eavesdrop even on your MSN conversations... although they currently are. Think about it, say you were talking to a friend and u mentioned "chopping bush" ;D. I don't think I need to tell you what would happen.

[quote author=Ropy link=board=11;threadid=3558;start=0#msg33041 date=1081391613]
    You call that a good thing ramesh? Knowing the FBI they gonna eavesdrop even on your MSN conversations... although they currently are. Think about it, say you were talking to a friend and u mentioned "chopping bush" ;D. I don't think I need to tell you what would happen.
    [/quote]

Just today I sent a message on MSN: "78 is da bomb!". Now I'm not so sure that was a good idea........ :-\

Yours checking the meaning of Duck And Cover on Google,
    Ramesh

Cmon guys, dont u think u are over reacting here? Say u r playing online with ur xbox. What could u do online that is so secretive?? Say ur playing Splinter cell 2, in playing, what do u have to hide from the fbi??

I dont get it. With the msn conversations I can see ur concerns with that, but on a real who passes sensitive info via msn anyway??

Mitchie you would be surprised.

Scenario 1:
    A strong terrorist faction somewhere in hiding wants to meet with it's worldwide members and discuss future "goals"...
    what could be better than hosting a password protected cstrike game and then using microphone/messaging to relay ideas?

Hey, I'm all against these guys evesdropping on my cstrike games, but who can stop them? :

But isnt peace in the world worth this little bit of privacy we will be losing???

And do u remember a system named "Carnivore" used by the cia I think?? It scanned stuff. basically to pick out keywords. The idea they have might be similar to this. If so, will u be losing ur privacy??