Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Investing in Stocks

Default Re:Investing in Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Who is the person at JMMB that we should send the invoice for advertising on this site? ;D Probably you guys with links need to let them place an ad or two for the techies to invest with them .
    Good advice Chris But just as a good practice we need to save our money, especially in this volatile economy.

Mayberry Investments and First Global are planning to list on the JSE by 2005, those may by a couple shares worth picking up.....

as for JMMB i just sold all mine last month for a 340% profit, i could have held onto them longer... but i figure why be greedy...

Well, stocks are long term so I plan to hold them for as long as i can until i see a downward trend and can sell off in time.
    right now my JMMB stocks are at 400% profit, bought them at $4 and now theyre at $16. ;D

I've been hearing about Mayberry for a good while now, but they're only in Kingston, right?

Quote Originally Posted by devnull
    Good advice Chris But just as a good practice we need to save our money, especially in this volatile economy.
    It takes money to make money... ;D "especially in this volatile economy"..

Just think of it as putting your money in a savings account with a higher rate of return, and with that high rate of return you assume the risks

But lets be real, if your life savings is a combined total of 100000$ you may only want to play around with probably 15000$ in the stock market (after all it is gambling)...

good advice again, Don't put all your eggs in one basket...or egg tray as would call it today ;D

Definately JMMB is the place to have manage your investments.

Devnull - have you considered buying some NCB stocks, right now they are climbing slowly but i do believe that these stocks will rise rapdily in the near future as Lee-Chin is constantly in the news for giving away money and this will only increase consumer's intersest in his companies since if he can afford to give away money, his companies must be doing well.

My portfolio includes:

NCB
    JMMB
    Capital and Credit
    Kingston Wharves
    BNSJ
    DBG

Nice decent lineup, and to add to it all those stocks are doing great. I wanted to get NCB but I like to buy in 1000 units and at that time I never had enough to buy 1000 plus pay for fees, commision and stuff.

Dyoll look like a big jumper when its ready, wish I had spent some money on it cus they jumped $6 today >

I've been considering getting into the running myself. Did some investigating with DB&G, Edward & Gayle. Kinda apprehensive about taking these risks but I am going to give it a try. I guess I better checkout JMMB then it seems they have wowwed a couple of you

Last year my mother bought a ton in jmmb, I cried as i watched that money dissappear. I watched my dreams of my own car go away. Right now as I am much older and smarter I wish she had bought more. I wonder how those r doing now.

Devnull how do u monitor all ur stocks? It seems as if u get details as they happen, I think this because ur online name on msn changes regularly. For example - "Guardian Life up 10 Dollars" Or summen like that, and then it changes later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    Devnull how do u monitor all ur stocks? It seems as if u get details as they happen, I think this because ur online name on msn changes regularly. For example - "Guardian Life up 10 Dollars" Or summen like that, and then it changes later in the day.
    Last Quote on JSE - http://www.jamstockex.com/LASTQUOT.HTM

Info on life in the market - http://jmmbsecurities.com/

One thing to always remember what goes up... must come down (and the exception to the rule for now is JMMB & RBTT)

Gamble well...