Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: c++ alive or dead

Default c++ alive or dead

whats going on wit the c++ programmers these threads haven't been used for ages. come on people. its a wonderful language treat it as such. :'( :'( :'(

Default Re:c++ alive or dead

Well C and C++ are harder than 4GLs,but u need those skills to write video games and stuff ,why not try to develop a 3d game engine

[quote author=SQLDBA link=board=19;threadid=3497;start=0#msg32147 date=1080925319]
    Well C and C++ are harder than 4GLs,but u need those skills to write video games and stuff ,why not try to develop a 3d game engine
    [/quote]

I am very interested in participating in some sort of group project. However if you are talking about getting a new group of people together to write a 3d game engine then it seems a little ambitious for a first project by this group.

I don't really care what the project is providing I learn something, and I am reasonably sure the project will eventually be useful. There is plenty of open source software out there, maybe a better first project would be to modify some existing code.

i feel what you sayin sking, lets do this thing then, i got tons of work to do and should be prioritizing but i love c++ and never coded in a team before, would love to see wat its like, so what do you think whe should do. i don't wanna do nuthing to simple, "now pickney ting, u zimmie". ;D ;D ;D

deathknight I haven' thought of a suitable project yet. Let me give it some more thought., hopefully an idea will occur to me, or someone else might have a suggestion.

Ya beat me to it CKnight.

Out of sheer curiosity in determining your motivations, how skillful are y'all with C/C++?
    - Learning phase (what's a pointer?)
    - Application phase (virtual Datastructures made of pointers)
    - Advanced Phase (Creating/animating 3D objects using vectors made of datastructures made of pointers)

So which is it?

i'm in the middle of application phase moving on to advanced, thats exactly what my fiu years are gonna be about, advance windows programming using c++. can't wait. ;D ;D ;D

As soon as this whole "web development" hype dies down C++ will get be back on the front lines again but for now it's kinda on the back burner. If your getting in the whole windowz programming go the .NET root.

http://www.vertigosoftware.com/Quake2FAQ.htm

En contrar mon capitan, C++ is primarily used today in specialized low level functions such as:
    • Servlets
    • Telephony
    • Hardware Driver modulation
    • 3D Engines (Eg. DirectX, OpenGL, Bryce, Lightwave, 3DStudioMax etc.)
    • Middleware such as Common Object Request & Brokering Architecture (CORBA)
    • Creating BIOS for motherboards
    • And a host of other functions you overlook in your day to day technology life

C++ ain't dead my friend. It ain't on the backburner either. In fact, it's powering many of the parsing functionalities required by web dev standards using XML as a base format for data representation.

I bet you didn't know that?