Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digicel vs. C&W's GPRS network

Default Re:Digicel vs. C&W's GPRS network

Is it my location or What? I am on the Digicel Network and recently my speed have droped(awfully slow). I thought Digicel was going to increase there bandwidth, it seems they have decreased it instead.
    Before the bandwidth test showed 40kbps now its 11kbps ???
    ??? ???

you know what i was experiencing that same problem from last week. now get this i had to format my laptop because of some stupid issues, errors infectoions and she just wasn't moving well. no that i've formated, the speeds that i'm getting are simular to what i was getting when i just started to use the gprs service with my laptop. dling service pack 2 right now at a stable 5 - 8 kbps. ;D ;D.

now as to what caused this phenom.... i have no idea, i don't think a format should have anything to do with my speed for my internet connection. the only thing i ahve done differnt this time is, not installing hte mpt software, so i'm browsing via a manually set up connection wit the modem int string.

don't know if that can help you @virus_ncu but thats my story

bwoy it seem like u guys hav all the luck ...i getting speeds of a snail less than a 1kbs , its free so i'm not complaining :-[ and mine was setup manually ..... i might affi switch over to c&w and pay some money if its true there speeds are faster than dial up :

C&W is way faster than digi, pending on when you log on, In the 3am hrs its Nooiiceee. blazing. but overall since ive had it its been goin on good, the speed is nice, cant complain, just a tad over dial up.

How do you guys know how fast your connection is on the phone?

I have only checked email and visits a few sites with digicel. Thier speeds are pretty fast during the late nights and early mornings.

Why does the phones connect at 115kbps everytime. why doesnt it give a more precise figure like dial up ??