Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is using Vista RC1 or RC2??

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Used RC1..... frankly I have no time to waste sorting out driver issues and application compatibility issues....XP+SP2 is the best option from MS right now. With Vista RC1, I have to say goodbye to Nero, Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, my Bluetooth Drivers, my Wingman Drivers, plus my Kaspersky, and a host of other daily use applications....nnaaaww....I'll wait till Vista is fully compatible with all my apps first. Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition, Encore...Geezz nothing works for me....but other than that...The Eyecandy in Vista is great, Aero is Lovely, it all pretty...but thats all it can do for me right now, so I'll continue to wait till its perfected (yeah right)....
    This is why u can't use it as a main system .... it is beta software, i'm a tester, and with RC2 most things working fine.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
    This is why u can't use it as a main system .... it is beta software, i'm a tester, and with RC2 most things working fine.
    If I can't use it as a primary OS ...then it serves no purpose for me. Maybe thats why I am never a Beta Tester..I have no time to test software, productivity is always key for me......
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    If I can't use it as a primary OS ...then it serves no purpose for me.
    You must be missing the point of what RC2 means. Microsoft recommends you NOT to use this Operating system as your main OS until it is stable. Meaning it is out of beta phase and all the bugs have been worked out of the system.

So if you're not into beta testing software, you shouldn't be downloading Vista RC2. Wait till it is stable enough then buy a copy and check it out yourself. Most vendors and software programmers would have drivers developed for vista by time Vista is released.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    You must be missing the point of what RC2 means. Microsoft recommends you NOT to use this Operating system as your main OS until it is stable. Meaning it is out of beta phase and all the bugs have been worked out of the system.

So if you're not into beta testing software, you shouldn't be downloading Vista RC2. Wait till it is stable enough then buy a copy and check it out yourself. Most vendors and software programmers would have drivers developed for vista by time Vista is released.
    I agree Arch_Angel a lot of folk seem to be downloading this as a main OS folk it is BETA!! DO NOT USE AS A MAIN OS!! if you want a preview of Vista create a partition of at least 40gb and load it on there. This is not a way to get a free OS ... it's going to expire next year anyway.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

You guys seem to be missing my point...I never did install this a my primary OS....why would I do that...I ran this RC1 Beta OS in VMWARE....ok geez.....I'm not stupid...I simply tested it to see if I could somehow use it as a primary OS...beta or not...what if I had no probs with it...then hey ..whats stopping me from using it as a primary OS....but unfortunately for me..it was too buggy...hence me dumping it...the virtual machine that vmware created..the rest is history.....dang...you to the point techies.....I aint giving up my XP so easily...that we I use VMWARE...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.