Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: phone unlocking woes

Default phone unlocking woes

i'm in the process of unlocking a motorolla t720 and a ericsson t28 world, i have the tools well at least it thought :-[ . where the t720 is concerned i was able to get the unlocking code for it using the imie and the service provider code. but the problem with it is i am unable to enter the lock codes, the phone has been setup in such a way that when a sim is not in the phone it only allows you to dial 3 sets of number 3 digit maximum with the exception of *#06#. it only allows 911 and 112. everything else as it is pressed you are hit wit the dreadful message emergency calls only and then the numbers are reset.

the next phone is the ericsson t28 world. now yes it isn't the worlds most beautiful phone i know this. but i just want to unlock it anyway. i found the bandwith of the phone to be 900/1900, is it true that i will not be able to use this phone on the digicel network ???. now i was able to get the unlock code for this phone also using the same method as i did with the motorola the problem with this is the unlock code contains the symbols "p - pause", "w-wait" by perssing the * key with every other handset i'v been able to aquire those 2 symbol. NOT the case with the ericsson t28 world. now i got a datacable for it, so what could i use to unlock it. would a flasher work. And what exactly do i need to do?

thanks in advance for the help

Default Re:phone unlocking woes

Can't help you with the unlocking Death_Knight but I can tell you that the t28 world will work with Digicel as the use 900/1800 bandwidth.

Disclaimer: The views in this post is for educational purposes only, and might violate certain laws in your respective location.

Firstly with my decent amout of experience with unlocking phones, its not really feasible in my eyes to unlock certain phones. Unlocking is a trial and error thing, or u know someone thats willing to explain the various process to u.

Firstly u need to know the different types of phones, I know that u know about dct4 and dct3, i think thats what they are called.

Dct4 is the easiest to unlock because it can be done remotely. By remotely I mean u dont need to have a cable. Unlocking remotely is simple, all that is needed is the service provider code, and the imei number from the particular phone. Digicel's code is jm05, I dont remember Cable and Wuttles, but maybe thats because I dont like them.

Next u need to familiarize urself with the tools used for unlocking/flashing. (Flashing)I am not sure how legal this is.
    The tools are simple to understand. Once u have the right applications then ur well on your way to unlocking and flashing. I could post a well known website for unlocking and flashing tools but that might be taking it a step too far.

PS Most times every brand will require a different tool, or various phones within the same brand will require different tools. Unlocking can be a pain at times, the key is to have access to the software, and then the cables which can be expensive.

after many attemps to unlock the t720 phone i decided to take the device to a pro.. i brought it in today to this dude he pulls out a brief case (bare gadgets star, is a james bond ting ) so any way he has the blue coloured sim card, he placed it in the phone and on startup it brings up a menu, which i 've never seen before, where could i acquire this, he didn't really let me look at the chip or tell me the name of it.

Did u ask him???

yeah I did still mitch but the dude was all secretive with his info, so i just left him alone, couldn't bother with the foolishness, but I understand he does something for a living feels that if he lets the secret out the masses may be able to grab hold of this technology. poor him don't know that people like tech ja members are around and 1'ce it exist's or is possible we will find out about it figure how it works and even do things that wasn't thought possible with it. ;D ;D ;D

igodit Guest

"Knowledge is contagious"
    -- The 31337
    DK you mentioned that you had the service providers code, do you mind sharing that info. As you already said once it exists what will stop anyone from knowing about it or owning it. Things are only a secret if only one person knows about it.

I'll find out about this SIM and post it.

Can you give me more about this SIM card?

Careful with your unlocking attemps think you only got like five or so chances then the phones gonna lock it self to that network

31038 = AT&T - U.S.A. New Phones
    31026 = Western Wireless Voicestream - T-Mobile - U.S.A.

there is that what you wanted i godit.

igodit Guest

[quote author=death_knight link=board=26;threadid=3432;start=0#msg31662 date=1080565856]
    Careful with your unlocking attemps think you only got like five or so chances then the phones gonna lock it self to that network

31038 = AT&T - U.S.A. New Phones
    31026 = Western Wireless Voicestream - T-Mobile - U.S.A.

there is that what you wanted i godit.

[/quote]

Thanks can you also give me additional info on that guy's kit? especially the SIM card

[quote author=MiTcHiE link=board=26;threadid=3432;start=0#msg31532 date=1080311447]
    Disclaimer: The views in this post is for educational purposes only, and might violate certain laws in your respective location.

Dct4 is the easiest to unlock because it can be done remotely. By remotely I mean u dont need to have a cable. Unlocking remotely is simple, all that is needed is the service provider code, and the imei number from the particular phone. Digicel's code is jm05, I dont remember Cable and Wuttles, but maybe thats because I dont like them.
    PS Most times every brand will require a different tool, or various phones within the same brand will require different tools. Unlocking can be a pain at times, the key is to have access to the software, and then the cables which can be expensive.

[/quote]

Thanks for that code dude now I can unlock my T310 to use any sim..