Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the Dell inspiron E1505 good for gaming?

Kemar, I strongly advise that you stay far away from the X-1300 card (trust me, an integrated option is by far much better). If you really want the best that ATI has to offer, get the X-1400 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    Kemar, I strongly advise that you stay far away from the X-1300 card (trust me, an integrated option is by far much better). If you really want the best that ATI has to offer, get the X-1400 instead.
    back up your talk with some statistics please... i cant understand how a integrated option wouldl be better than a card dthat has its own memory?? please explain.

DeathKnight, months ago, I saw some benchmark results online which proved it. I can't find the page now, but I'll post it when I find it.

The same (said) page, went on to say that in the X-1300 cards do not truly have dedicated memory (neither is it shared), but there is there is a technique, for pretemding to be dedicated in 128MB. It is difficult to explain.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Talking Aimed at Death_Knight

The integrated option (Intel GMA 950)in these laptops is 224 MB (not to be confused with 256MB), which was bechmarked to provide better performance.

Personally, I believe this is possible. Here is my case below:

My classmate has an Inspiron 6400 running @ 2GHz with 1GB DDR2. His machine, boasts the X-1300.

My machine, runs @ 1.66GHz, with 512MB DDR2. I'm stuck with an integrated card (Intel GMA 950).

Yet my machine, plays NFS:MW, Quake4 (the demo), Fear2, Fifa '06, and DOOM3 better than his. Can someone please explain this to me? My laptop, has 92 processes running concurrently, his has only 42 running.

NB: we've both disabled our antivirus programs.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

aight now let me show you why it just dont make sense to get a integrated nothing WE ARE RUNNING PCI XPRESS ARCHITECTURE WE CAN UPGRADE you on the other hand are stuck with your intel card which is leeching of your physical memory btw check that out i'm sure it does. so you probalby have like 700+ physical memory, left i like my 1 gig dedicated to doing system stuff.. but i can never really accept an integrated option as better in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    TechGT, the fact that you mentioned an X600 running (Most Wanted) at maximum settings, put my neighbour's card to shame. You friend's card, shouldn't run it at all. I'll have to review the specs on my friend's card. I've escused my machine, because I intentionally have numerous processes running in the background.
    NOKIA, even the lame onboard Express 200M thats in my notebook can run NFSMW
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband View Post
    NOKIA, even the lame onboard Express 200M thats in my notebook can run NFSMW
    I"m treally tring to get what nokia trying to sell.. honestly yute a integrated option will never be more beneficial than a dedicated memory pci option... nevar....

JuiceHeadband, we all know the 200M will play Most Wanted.

On a serious note though, the only thing that is 'dedicated', is the video memory. On a 667MHz bus, I personally find any loss in performance negligible (compared to 400MHz).
    At this point in time, Death_Knight still has not explained my case in post #24.
    HTML Code:

1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Default Acceptable

Juiceheadband, good post I learnt alot from it but I'm still sticking to my previous statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by death_knight View Post
    you on the other hand are stuck with your intel card
    Death_Knight that hurts. Point taken, I plam to sell the unit anyway
    Last edited by NOKIA 3650; Oct 16, 2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: inconsistencies
    HTML Code: