Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Dell inspiron E1505 good for gaming?

Question Is the Dell inspiron E1505 good for gaming?

hey i will be ordering a laptop from dell, the problem is am really budgetize, so am looking at the E1505 inspiron which am gonna do a little adds on (customize) i can't spend over 1200USD. So in your guys opion is it any good for gaming, video/music editing, and run powerful applications or if there.s a better loptap that i can go for with my little bit a money?

looks ok screen kinda small, i'm sure that cure duo is good for gaming

specs inspiron E1505 price is $999 so it's in your budget and they got an office in jamaica, so no visiting the customs.
    KrossFade:--Biostar NF325 atx AMD Mobo||Kingston ddr128 pc2700 + titan 512ddr 400||sempron64 2800+ palermo core||WD Caviar 250gb Sata h.d.d||XfX geforce FX5200 gfx card ||x5-fans||lite-on 18x dvd+r||191dpb 19" widesceen, flat panel monitor.

What kind of graphics card will you select? The onboard graphics is good better than a fx5200 from my observations but it is not high end. like those 150US cards.

Otherwise the coreduo is a decent processor.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

its basically the same as a 6400 a friend of mine both ordered from dell same specs he got a e1505 i got a 6400. um the gfx card that came with mien is the ati x1300 its good.. no complaints from me. gaming and all... like the taco bell guy said.. its good to go

pro's
    brite view monitor pwns
    15.4 laptop display shouln't be ne smaller
    ati x1300 256 mb dedicated memory graphics card rules them
    pci express system achitecture so i can change my laptop parts easily (buy new gfx card and pop in there when i get some more money )

cons
    better up your battery life cause a 6 cell battery gonna only give you 2 hours so get a 9 cell if you can afford the upgrade
    thats my only complaint to be honest.
    Last edited by death_knight; Sep 29, 2006 at 12:06 PM.

what about the ATI radeon x1300 128mb guys?
    THE ROSE THAT GREW FROM CONCRETE¶¶Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete¶Proving nature's law wrong it learned 2 walk without having feet¶Funny it seems but by keeping its dreams it learned to breathe fresh air¶Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared!

ATI radeon x1300 128mb guys
    Dont know about that one.

I got a 6400 the other day with the integrated card, happy with it and battery performance, getting almost 5 hours of reading on the internet. Battery life varies 3 hrs when programming. 2hrs on gaming. Maybe because I have the intel 945 chipset with 950 gma integrated video or only 512mb, but do know why still, I think I have a 6cell because of how light the battery module (I know I have a 65W adapter if that's a factor)

Gaming is OK with UT 2004 about 22fps on 1440x900 which is about the same as my desktop geforce 5200. Did 3dmark2001, 2003 and 2005 and it passed 2001 with flying colours and failed 2003 miserably all but 1 of the tests which still was no too pretty. It was utter embarisment in 2005. (I am not sure if XP home and not pro was a problem)

I am not too much into the highend graphics games at the moment but if that changes. I would look about an expess add on, but the funds are high I will check out the exact price on a good card later.

If your going for gaming why not try the dell xps's why not use those might cost you a few hundred more but they seem worth it to me
    There are no moral shortcuts in the game of business - or life. There are, basically three kinds of people: the unsuccessful, the temporary successful, and those who become and remain successful. The difference is character. Link me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mackspcsales

This was one of my preliminary test on the 6400

I used an N64 emulator which is more processor intensive than graphics intensive.

The emulation was as smooth as silk with both roms.

Battery life looked good IMO.

Readings could be erroneous! Variations were preent

The brightness and sound were both 1 level above absolute minimum

Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Quote Originally Posted by kemar View Post
    what about the ATI radeon x1300 128mb guys?
    yah. your right i did a check the x1400 is what is 256 it seems

from dell build your system site
    128MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1300 HyperMemory™ [add $49]

hey thanks yall am gonna upload tha specs tomorrow cuz am using my phone at tha mo. yow jermy i'd love to, but remember i said i have a US$1200 budget
    THE ROSE THAT GREW FROM CONCRETE¶¶Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete¶Proving nature's law wrong it learned 2 walk without having feet¶Funny it seems but by keeping its dreams it learned to breathe fresh air¶Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared!