Thread: Netspeak in the B.V.I

Default Netspeak in the B.V.I

i have my netspeak adpater in the British Virgin Islands, it is not working. I will get a dial-tone n it gives my my IP address of the MTA adapter but when i dial a number the other person hears the phone ring n the connection is open but no1 hears each otha. Somehow i feel that the connection is being blocked. Can you help me

C&W BVI is now offering Netspeak too. The executives for C&W here are only forward thinking whenever its time to ripping people off (them more than likely interfering with the connection) and mile away in providing efficient service like 50+ms round time (ping) to a server less than quarter mile away.

Having said that, I think I know the person with this case and have been doing some research but no one at C&W here is will to really confirm that they are blocking.

Are you using an Alcatel/Thompson Speedtouch modem/router? If so follow these instructions and then try your call again.

If you have an Alcatel/Thomson SpeedTouch router and are unable to use Netspeak, you may need to modify certain settings. To make these changes you will first need to telnet into your router. Then follow these instructions:

1. Enter your username and password when prompted.
    2. Type nat unbind and press Enter. (If the command is not accepted, enter nat and then enter unbind.)
    3. Type SIP and press Enter.
    4. Type 5060 and press Enter. (If you are prompted for "end port" press the Enter key or enter 5060.)
    5. Type saveall and press Enter.
    6. Reboot the router.

Some models of the 510 router require different commands. After entering your username and password, follow these instructions:

1. Type nat unbind application=SIP port=5060 and press Enter.
    2. Type config save and press Enter.
    3. Reboot the router.

thanks for the info psilos, I will pass it on

i'm using a Netopia 3341 modem, it is set on PPPoe and the netspeak uses PPPoa how do i go about fixing that problem?

does anyone know what system the B.V.I uses whether it is PPPoE or PPPoA can you help me to reconfigure my Netopia 3341 modem to PPPoA so i can use my Netspeak adapter on it. The netspeak comes from Jamaica
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 25, 2006 at 02:42 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

I think that setting is modem dependent. I had 2 modems one worked PPPoe and the other PPPoA. Did you try the suggestion about changing the SIP ports?

how do you telnet into the modem, i actually live in jamaica but tryin to help my father rectify this problem

i believe your modem works with PPPoE. I don't think it can be changed but you can try browsing into the Netopia's web interface at http://192.168.1.254 (if using the default IP setting). If your network has a different IP addressing scheme, modify this accordingly and see if you can modify it there. Also see here for more info.
    http://xclusief.mybrute.com
    Militant Reloaded: DFI LanParty UT || Core 2 Duo E6750 + cooled w/ CoolerMaster CM Sphere CPU cooler || Visiontek HD3870 OC 512mb || OCZ Platinum 2x2GB 1066mhz || Kingwin Mach1 800 watt PSU || Sony Bravia 40" widescreen 1080p

aight thanx xclusief