Thread: 56k Unfriendly

Default 56k Unfriendly

This game is simply WOW!!! The demo was just low res compared to this.

More here http://home.cogeco.ca/~pcmc/ut2k4/

Default Re:56k Unfriendly

Thanks for the heads up dude, guess I'll be sitting this one out then.

[quote author=Ropy link=board=11;threadid=3376;start=0#msg31077 date=1079754574]
    Thanks for the heads up dude, guess I'll be sitting this one out then.
    [/quote]

Not sure if we're on the same track but I was referring to this post not being 56k friendly due to the size of the image posted not the actual game. The net code for UT2k4 is not too bad actually...well much better than the BF series anyway. Sorry for the confusion :-[

Anybody had a go at Farcry as yet? I think that is one of the most promising games yet...

[quote author=MatrOnyx link=board=11;threadid=3376;start=0#msg31147 date=1079898134]
    Anybody had a go at Farcry as yet? I think that is one of the most promising games yet...
    [/quote]

My copy came on Friday but I haven't had a chance to hit it yet (BF Vietnam and UT2K4 are taking up much of my time) I'll post some screens later today.

When u say the 56K Unfriendly, do u mean it as it relates to online game play or something else. This is so as I played UT2004 over the internet and I currently have a 56k modem, strangely enough the game runned smoothly, no glitches or freezes.

Note however that I think that the game may reduce your graphics quality a bit to compensate for the fact that you have a 56k. And also note that this was with the demo version but there should be no difference. have fun.

[quote author=OE link=board=11;threadid=3376;start=0#msg31073 date=1079752377]
    This game is simply WOW!!! The demo was just low res compared to this.

More here http://home.cogeco.ca/~pcmc/ut2k4/
    [/quote]

blindz this may explain why it was called 56k unfriendly, it may just be as "oe" is saying. based on the quality of the demo and the actual release / retail version of the game may have other differences so the 56k, may realy be too slow to play the game online. I don't think these era of games are made to play over such a slow connection speed anyway.

;D get some dsl if you are intrested in online gaming that much ;D

OE is referring to the pictures of this post as being 56k unfriendly and not the game itself.

O snap
    thanks for the clarrification guys
    OE I agree with the original post now that I understand it