Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XP's No-Reformat, Nondestructive Total-Rebuild Option

Even with the service pack???? Wow... I done it had to re-install the Office couple times too. Even the service pack. Some of my games too... because they don't appear in the program files menu and sometimes when I click on them, they asked to be re-installed. Namely the EA GAMES type games.... not EA sports type games.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    Is that what all the hoopla is about? Aw come on. What happens though is that, while you still have your data, things like OFFICE will have to be re-installed because they won't apppear in Program and you have to re-install service packs. The files will still be on your machine but unrecognizeable.
    The method they are talking about doesn't force you to re-install.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

OH I SEE.....

Okie.......

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

girldemsuga Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    Even with the service pack???? Wow... I done it had to re-install the Office couple times too. Even the service pack. Some of my games too... because they don't appear in the program files menu and sometimes when I click on them, they asked to be re-installed. Namely the EA GAMES type games.... not EA sports type games.
    I'm not saying that it work 100% of the time but it sounds like you are doing something wrong.

I'm now slight problem, as I've just tried to repair an installation. The actual 'repair' completed smoothly, but when I try to boot Windows, I get the system halt dump screen, before it reboots instanty. It flashes so fact that I can't even read what was printed. Does anyone know how I can find out what went wrong. Booting in safe mode produces the same problem.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I'm now slight problem, as I've just tried to repair an installation. The actual 'repair' completed smoothly, but when I try to boot Windows, I get the system halt dump screen, before it reboots instanty. It flashes so fact that I can't even read what was printed. Does anyone know how I can find out what went wrong. Booting in safe mode produces the same problem.
    F8 -> Select Last Know Good Configuration.
    Heroes to Mentors -

That doesn't work either.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

This is a duo-core laptop, with almost everything integrated.

nonetheless
    512MB DDR2
    80GB SATA
    667Mhz bus
    supports GDDR

The last straw will be to manually delete the driver files.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 22, 2006 at 02:21 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    HTML Code:

I'm now installing XP on another partition (same type of OS). I will then, manually drag and drop the freshly created installation on the first partition.
    HTML Code: