Thread: beginner in java need guidance help me!!!!

Default beginner in java need guidance help me!!!!

i wanna begin to learn java but i have no clue where to begin, well i think i don't. i already downloaded the sdk from sun microsystems, i got the j2ee sdk 1.4. i just want to know where to start.

Default Re:beginner in java need guidance help me!!!!

Java How to Program - by Deitel & Deitel

I was selling a copy dirt cheap only just recently. If you're interested, I could check one of my colleagues to see if they want to sell their book. Most naturally it'll be cheap.

okay check it out for me and let me know zn i hope your reasonable and my reasonable is the same thing. respect. i sorta started to use this lil tutorial that i downloaded. ive basically got through variable manipulations static variables and so on. nuthing too big. sorta have to take it slow cause i have to be reviseing win api at the sametime :-\ lot a work of me to do but a so it go and i'm a techie so i can handle it 8).

I also have "Java How To Program" - Deitel & Deitel. Great book with great examples.

However, I can recommend even a better book for a beginner.
    Check out "A Java Programming Introductory and Intermediate Course" - Stephen Blaha. I have the 2nd edition (probably there is a 3rd). I bought it at Innovative Systems (Liguanea) some time last year. Really a great book...best I have seen so far for beginners. Costs about US$35

Hope this helps

jakarta.apache.org (free servers and documentation)

www.techrepublic.com

http://sourceforge.net/(free books available)

http://www-136.ibm.com/developerworks/ (free books available, eval webshere and ide)

When you are done let me know I will send you to other sites.
    However, the above should keep you busy for a while.

btw : You need to have at least 250 mb. If you dont want to be waiting around forever while your programs to compile. Plus at least a 1.5Mhz processor.