Thread: Instant Messenger

Default Instant Messenger

Hey everyone..I'm was browsing the net and found a very cool site.. http://www.utasce.com..But what quiet struck me was this guy by the name of Philpotts Martin.. He wrote an instant Messenger (You know... like msn and yahoo)..He's a student of Utech--> School of Computing..I never believed it, so i went to utech the other day in search of this so called genius..I didn't find him cuz some students said he was in Mo-Bay, so ask about the messenger..To my surprise the Instant Messenger called "Utasce Messenger" was on the school's system and working perfectly..It looked better than yahoo and msn and in my opinion worked better than them..it had file sending, skins, themes and the whole works..Now i'm a bit surprise that such RAW talent is in Jamaica...I think with him being apart of techjamaica forums would be something..I got his email address (littleshotta@utasce.com), i sent him a email but he hasn't replied has yet...

Default Re:Instant Messenger

Hi SpecialOne, welcome to TechJamaica.com.

It's good to know that there's talent like Philpotts Martin in Jamaica and I'll e-mail him to let him know about the site.

Believe me though, I have also come across a number of equally talented people right here in TechJamaica.com. After you've been here for a while you'll also realise it for yourself. This site has really afforded us to link up and share with techies across the island and North America (US & Canada) as well.

[quote author=Chris link=board=5;threadid=331;start=0#2354 date=1039715435]
    Hi SpecialOne, welcome to TechJamaica.com.

It's good to know that there's talent like Philpotts Martin in Jamaica and I'll e-mail him to let him know about the site.

[/quote]

Chris in case you have not realise as yet but he has joined up and have posted on the Gotel Saga Part 3.

Thanks Collin, at the time of my post he had not yet registered. Good to see that SpecialOne's e-mail worked

Though I'm not the moderator for this category, I feel it's my duty to state that this conversation has nothing to do with the topic.

You should either change gears or lock the topic.

That said.

SpecialOne or anyone else who can speak on it, what are the features of this IM? Does it have anything that sets it apart from the other main stream incarnations?

I have a friend who while at Utech completed his MCSE and MCDBA and then Got first class honours,Jamaican's are talented but with these types of salaries give people like martin 3 years tops to head stateside.

Well thanks for saying usch wonderfuls stuff about me and the instant messenger..but trust me its far from completion..I glad you had a change to use it and so forth..The public at large wont be able to use it cuz the server i wrote for the chat system only runs on the utech local area network..no one wont be able to see it.. And for some of you guys who ask about the functionalities its like this :
    1) it can connec to yahoo messaging system(you can use utasce messenger instead of yahoo messenger)

2) it can connect to msn messaging system(you can use utasce messenger instead of msn messenger)

3) it checks your pop account

4) All the basic functions..sending files, white borad, skins, themes, sound, etc....

But i'm off building the messenger..that was months ago..I'm building

Default Screenshot Refix

I'm sorry the first screenshot was messed up..here's the new one..