Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange IE problem

Default Strange IE problem

A friend of mine is having a strange problem with IE on his WinXp SP2 machine.
    He had IE6 installed, but even after installing IE7 RC1, the problem persists. Pages are not being displayed as they should be. Screenshots included below.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

It looks strange for real. Maybe its a resolution problem. I say that because i notice that the screenshots look like they came from a wide screen display. Anyways, as i said i am not sure, but fool around with the resolution settings.

BTW, does he have another browser to test the pages in? If they display without a problem, then scratch what i said above.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Check if the pages are set to Landscape .... I just recreated the same thing by setting my page to landscape.
    Last edited by Fortis4Eva; Sep 17, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

not really sure what the problem is but a sure fix is to dump IE. Firefox or Opera those are the browsers i use. HATE IE!!!!!!!
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

go to add and remove programs and try to remove internet explorer u will see a repair option click on that option to repair. it should be fine after that

it seems like whether you use IE or Mozilla you have a similar problem. Am i right??
    *** I guess Life is the leading cause of Death ***

Looks like a resolution issue. I see a wireless icon in the bottom right, so my guess is that u are using a laptop and the resolution is set high like 1920x1280.

I don't think that's what BCK was pointing to. Take a look at his screenshot compared to my screenshot of the exact same page:

Why are those highlighted areas missing from his screenshot?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

U a work up Paint tho.....but my advice is dash way IE and get Firefox or Opera.
    WHY PAY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FREE!!!!!

Hey, IE is a good browser and if the user prefers it, then the problem has to be fixed. Maybe doing a reinstallation of Internet Explorer might fix the problem as it may be just a glitch in the IE software. BTW, it would be good to report this to M$ if thats the case.

Next possibility is that your browser picked up some bug from the net thats messing up its display. I once had a bug that wouldn't let me browse in IE, so check out the bug possibilty.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us