Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minet-vs-digicel-c&w

Angry Minet-vs-digicel-c&w

Please give your opinion on speeds. My maximum speed on digicel is 5 kbps continiously. Is this the fastest speed in jamaica.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

quiksilver Guest

hmm...where to start...ok,

I get up to 16~17KB/s(data cable limits bandwidth to 128kbps) continuously with MiNet.

At the end of the day, all three providers fall short. MiNet will drop the connection sometimes during the day and then you have to wait a while before you can try to reconnect. (error 718)

*i used to be 100% supportive of miphone's efforts but lately that has fallen to about 11%. Oh b4 i forget...their MiNet "support" team seems to be lacking.

sorry for bringing up the negatives but oh well...at the end of the day when it works it works and when it doesn't don't bother to call customer care.

Minet gives me 15 - 17 kbs sometimes 0.3kbs. As the man said when it is up it is up when it is down its crap same with digi i get 5kbs most times but there are those weeks when its so slow i dont even turn the phone on.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com

well with digicel I get from a fluctuating high of 3.6 to a low as 0.4 kbps
    (using infra-red)

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22619
    http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30877
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Digicels free hey wat can i say but its getting really slow recently

digicel ain't free, you made it free. If you know what i mean

I am happy with Minet-I don't have all the problems I am reading about here. If I do go down (like once or twice per month) I just call 611 and I get back going. I stay on Minet 24/7. I used to use GPRS as a backup but the slow speed was too frustrating.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Soapcreek, how good is your signal? I'm thinking that the signal strength will affect the throughput. I have a kyocera phantom (got it from farin) and its actually set up to browse the net on a network over there, the miphone people said they cannot reset that to have it work on their network (which I don't believe) I still haven't had it connected to miphone as yet, because the signal in my area doesn't go further than the first bar, but it does show the 1x symbol, (when its not showing that its roaming) I am wondering if it would make sense to try to get that connected, because I went to another miphone store and they said they can unlock the phone for 3 grand, and connect it for 600... (the new phone costs 4077)
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

well from now on digcel out of the question it is really slow recently alot than before and since minet ppl saying minet flunking too then i guess its dsl time
    intel 965GMA

bmobile is a bit more reliable than digicel...normally get 5.9-6.2kbs constant on downloads