Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minet-vs-digicel-c&w

Signal strength has a little to do with but equipment has everything to do with it. I get one to two bars in Glengoff but when I compare the handset (kyocera 7135 vs the phantom) the 7135 does much better. Also I use the Sierra aircard now because in the same signal area it out performs by far the best.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

my connection speed from minet is 15kbs (average), i don't get dropped connections, i get a decrese in speed every now and then. but i can't get a good download speed on utorrent. does anyone have any idea why?
    anjubless

Sorry quick but miphone is getting there... I want to sell my package and get the laptop card... digi or cwj gprs internet cannot compare to miphone cdma internet... as i say i connect at 230 kbps and get downloads at 17 tops... quicky i think you need to change yur instrument...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

quiksilver Guest

Ok, i know this thread isn't the place for a rant but i think i've had enough...

[beginning of rant]
    It has been approx. three days since i have been unable to even play silkroad online. yes I'm upset because of not being able to play an online game (how childish of me but w/e)
    I spent money on that game and i can't get my money's worth...that to me is crap.
    Spoke to a co-worker of mine and were investigating the problem this afternoon...according to him it appears Miphone not up to scratch with their service. Seriously, how long should it really take for them to update their dns with the new ipaddress for even the silkroad online website. CW users were good to go when the site was moved to the new servers. If i am able to browse to www.silkroadonline.net only through a proxy server, wouldn't that indicate that something isn't quite right?
    I won't be changing my phone, i will simply look for an alternative (once found i'll go with it)...I know I was the one who did the thread on how miphone's minet was good but now they are proving themselves to be lacking and if they continue then it would be pointless to remain with miphone.
    Although this may seem selfish to some I think tech support is supposed to resolve problems in a timely manner. but maybe that's my opinion
    some may see this as uncalled for or something else just because its a silly online game but I think calling tech support for almost 3 days and nothing being done about the issue is complete bs.
    [end of rant]

you see max, miphone is the best of the worst so oh well...so if it works for you great. but personally, i wouldnt recommend this to anyone i know once they have an alternative.
    anyway, enjoy the service.
    Last edited by quiksilver; Sep 17, 2006 at 01:43 AM.

quiksilver Guest

Angry

Once more I will bring this up...I found this hilarious (Names have been replaced with *'s)

So anyway, i checked my email and see an email from miphone in response to one i sent them re: silkroad online (partially quoted directly below):

It appears that Miphone has not resolved the issue mentioned in the previous
    email. I called Miphone (611) and was told that there was no answer from the
    MiNet support department. The call was made at 3:16pm yesterday (16.09.06).

This will make approximately three (3) days since the problem was
    discovered. At this point I am no longer tolerant of the short-falls of
    Miphone's Internet service. Although I may be the only one with this kind of
    problem I believe that three days without the problem being resolved show's
    the quality of Miphone's technical support.
    The response
    Mr...

Can you say if this game was purchased through our BREW service and if so what
    is the error message you are getting?

I would also be interested to find out how long you’ve been having this problem.

Product Development
    MiPhone
    Are these ppl for real? I mean, after i clearly explained the situation this person is gonna email me and ask me questions like that. You know what, I give up...this is pointless but i thought i should highlight this...and yes, i know the world doesnt revolve around me or anything like that but as with most paying customers i'd want any problems regardless of severity resolved.

*A technician even said it could be a problem with the mobile phone i'm using...now you tell me, how the **** is a cellphone supposed to prevent me from browsing a website? They think I'm some idiot who appears to know nothing at all so they give lame **** excuses hoping that i will buy that? Anyway, good job MiNet support team. And i was recently informed that they are "working on it"...that sounds like the same thing in a KFC ad...but i'll see how it turns out.
    Last edited by quiksilver; Sep 18, 2006 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver View Post
    Mr...

Can you say if this game was purchased through our BREW service and if so what
    is the error message you are getting?
    Sure Silkroad is a "BREW" game.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!