Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Style XP VS Windows Blinds

Red face Style XP VS Windows Blinds

Opening
    How many person out there prefer WindowsBlinds over StyleXP or vice versa ?

Body
    I'm sure I'm not one of those who prefers WindowBlinds, ever since I've installed StyleXP it has been faithful and loyal to me, no problems.

Curiousity
    Here is it; So I decided to try this new WindowsBlinds, and boy o boy, it looks good, but the truth is, it is problematic.

Closing
    I would like to what to do?

Summary
    WindowsBlinds is giving me problem, how do I fix it??

Details
    I've installed it, then restart. However, after I Bootup, I ran WindowsBlinds, and whenever I try to select a Theme/style etc and click "APPLY", it gives my display setting (Toolbar, Taskbar etc) a WINDOWS 1998 look (Toolbar, Taskbar etc), i.e, it removes the Windows XP look from the Toolbar, Taskbar etc.
    Has anyone else encounter a problem like this???

never had that problem with WB....and I prefer WB to style xp....

but rationally, its better to just get theme files for windows.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Window Blinds skinning strategy is like overlaying on the existing window skins. So its like you have a wall and you want to paint that wall. You have 2 choices
    1. You can take another wall, pretty it up how you want, make it into the same shape as the original wall, then place that wall in front of the next
    OR
    2. Wipe off the original wall, and paint it how you want

Now Method 1 allows more customization and 'extreme' skins SINCE your just covering an existing wall. So if u use a bigger wall, its the same thing and your not limited by the edges........BUT more resources.

Method 2 limits you to the original wall size and you can't make those "extreme" skins....BUT less resources.

So Windows Blinds = Method 1
    And Style XP = Method 2 (i.e. hacked uxtheme.dll)

So you decide
    Really different skins and possibilities - Windows Blinds
    Nice looking skins using less resources - Style XP
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

I know that, but Thanks, I'd love to get the perfect Hacked version of Wind.Blin.
    Thanks for the input , but note, I asked if anybody else is experiencing this problem with WindowsBlinds ? So right about now, I have to go back to the good old StyleXP.

To tell you the Truth , it all started when I first installed WindowsBlinds, it was working well and everything , but No man, that wasn't enough for me.(Can't satisfy) I went on websites and downloaded other new Skins for WindowsBlinds, and attempt to incorporate them into the WindowsBlinds that was already working properly (Perfectly as a matter of fact). The result; yes, I saw the new Skins in the WindowsBlinds selevction screen, but when I make the effort to "APPLY SKIN", the all perfection of WindowsBlinds came crashing down. I uninstalled it and try to reinstall it a little while after and hence the problem that I'm now having persist.

Clean up registry and try again.

Look at what version of Window Blinds the themes u download say they work with
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

I have never had any luck with any form of skinning software. They always make my system act funny....with an imminent crash almost guaranteed.....So I just say no skinning for me. I can't even skin my PalmOS device....geeez
    Last edited by Cultus; Sep 16, 2006 at 08:12 AM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

zRo ToLeRaNcE, I've used Tune 2006 to clean the registry over and over again, before and after each installation.
    No need to look at what version of Window Blinds the themes are compatible with, mi get rid of them. long time ago.
    I need a working version.
    The version of WindowwsBlinds I was using or trying to use was WindwsBlinds 5. something or so..

Could a person PM.... I mean email me the link to a WORKING VERSION of WindowsBlinds, please.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 16, 2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

I'm using WB presently and i like it more than Style XP. Never had the problems you're experiencing with wb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
    Could a person PM.... I mean email me the link to a WORKING VERSION of WindowsBlinds, please.
    Nickk, what are you asking? WindowBlinds can be downloaded from here: http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

If you're asking for an illegal version of the software, we don't condone that sort of discussion on this site.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

How come i saw this thread so late...

Window Blinds = Ownage.... as simple...
    I used Stlye xp and it was so hard to get skins for it that suited my style.....
    So i tested WB and loved it ever since.....

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...=2811&page=148

there is the latest WB skin i'm using.. in full effect.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
    Opening

I've installed it, then restart. However, after I Bootup, I ran WindowsBlinds, and whenever I try to select a Theme/style etc and click "APPLY", it gives my display setting (Toolbar, Taskbar etc) a WINDOWS 1998 look (Toolbar, Taskbar etc), i.e, it removes the Windows XP look from the Toolbar, Taskbar etc.
    Has anyone else encounter a problem like this???
    Um.... How many times did you restart since this problem?? Once i had to restart twice after fresh install to get it to work.....

ALSO - Clear up ir PM Box nuh brejin so i can PM you.....
    Last edited by MhadbwoY; Sep 18, 2006 at 05:30 PM.
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MBoard | AMD Phenom II x4 920 | ZALMAN 9700 CPU Cooler | G-SKILL 4GB DDR 800 Dual Channel Memory | WD 250GB & 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDDs | XFX 5870 1GB | Corsair 650W Single Rail PSU | Samsung SATA DVD-RW | Samsung T260 26" Monitor | MITSUMI Floppy Drive w/ Digital Card Readers | Thermaltake Armor+ FULL Tower Case