Page 3 of 246 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all anime fans

Default Re:Calling all anime fans

Sure we can linkup still. But it hasn't been fansubbed yet. As soon as the fan sub is released, I should be on it. Sorry 'bout the spoiler...I should be flogged. I wasn't thinking back there...

I also have the Ninja Scroll TV series...

I've seen that alchemist anime lots bout the place. How good is it?

Has any of you seen the anime series Onegai Sensei (Please Teacher)? It also goes under the handle of Onegai Teacher (perhaps the more popular name for it). That anime has what has to be the very BEST artwork on a female character I have EVER seen.... unbelievable detail!!!!

...Oh ...my ...God!

I've never seen such beautiful artwork/animation since Metropolis..... daaaamn!

Bakasan has released his Sub, he usually gets them out a few hours after it is aired. Great site to bookmark www.bakasan.net

As for Full Metal Alchemist, It is a little different from Naruto but it too is a great series. I suggest starting with episode 1 or you will be confused.

Regards,

OE

Mr. Idiot (Bakasan) usually has lo-grade quality dumps. I usually wait on the higher grade quality from Anbu-Aone. They're the best fansubbers out there. You can't go wrong with those guys. They currently operate out of an IRC channel tho'.

Guys r u speaking in English??

Once you're comfortable with anime themes, check out Neon Genesis Evangelion, first the TV series and then the movie. It's a pretty tough plot to follow, even for anime, but really fascinating.

And, don't forget Robotech! It's really more anime-for-kids, but classic!

Do not forget some of the earlier Anime movies, Vampire Hunter D, Demon City Shinjuku, Akira (CLASSIC!). These were the movies on Scifi Channel that got me hooked on to Anime!

Mitchie, Anime is like the Matrix - no one can tell you what Anime is, you have to experience it for yourself! ;D

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=29;threadid=3338;start=15#msg30914 date=1079628609]
    Mr. Idiot (Bakasan) usually has lo-grade quality dumps. I usually wait on the higher grade quality from Anbu-Aone. They're the best fansubbers out there. You can't go wrong with those guys. They currently operate out of an IRC channel tho'.
    [/quote]

It's not low qaulity subs but rather the way he encodes. I had the same problem until I installed FFDSHOW. check link below

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...rs/ffdshow.cfm

Excellents points Ramesh!

[quote author=griffjon link=board=29;threadid=3338;start=15#msg30916 date=1079629279]
    Once you're comfortable with anime themes, check out Neon Genesis Evangelion, first the TV series and then the movie. It's a pretty tough plot to follow, even for anime, but really fascinating.
    [/quote]

- I had Neon Genesis Evangelion. I went through the entire series and movies and I must say, the Matrix Movies were an easier plot to follow. Some of the episodes were pure pain to just watch. I had to literally force myself to watch the rest of it. The hentai was a little more gratuitous - and pointless (as is all hentai...except for Wordsworth...;D)

But I hated Evangelion. I really did. I was only too happy to delete all 13 Gigs worth of it from my harddrive when I was done watching all of it + movie.

Man, I've never fallen asleep watching anime. Evangelion was just the WORST.... maaaan.....

I can't understand why it has such a huge fan base. It's only because of the sexy artwork on the young female characters, especially Rei Ayanami and Asuka. Aside from that, Evangelion wasn't worth keeping. It had a good plot to start out with, but it only got progressively convoluted and terrible.

I completely lost interest when I found out that the storyboard animator for Evangelion was making up the story as he went along. That to me is the WORST way to build an Anime. Evangelion has no story cohesion whatsoever. It's just such a hideous twisted convoluted mess.

How many times did they destroy that CITY?! That anime is ill dude. God did I hate it!!!!!! > I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. You might hate anime after watching Evangelion. It left a really bad taste in my mouth. >

Robotech is a little better.

OE - You should see the Naruto dumps from Anbu-Aone.

Look, you and I need to linkup. You obviously don't know what good quality anime looks, sounds or even feels like if you were getting dumps from Bakasan. Yute, have you ever heard Naruto in Dolby Digital 5.1 Sorround Sound?!?!?!

DOPE!!!!

Anbu-Aone is the ONLY worthy anime source my yute. You get it the way it was encoded for DVD - not a TV-Rip!!