Page 2 of 246 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all anime fans

Default Re:Calling all anime fans

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=29;threadid=3338;start=0#msg30722 date=1079500263]

I'm also curious as to how Gillion & Ramesh gets anime... ???

I wonder if TinGirl is an anime fan.... :-\
    [/quote]

Old fashioned way... watch it on cable, beg, borrow, steal ;D

The video places only have the kids stuff, like digimon, pokemon, yugio... mon.

Rather malnourished.

I have been getting some stuff on TechTV... like LastExile was last week... but TechTV on JACS is unstable.

--gillion

igodit Guest

[quote author=deakie link=board=29;threadid=3338;start=0#msg30744 date=1079525702]
    i also hear that shareactor is going down regularly these days.
    congress is also planning to attack the p2p brigade in the US.
    bit torrent will rule then.
    [/quote]

Yeah I have noticed that is has been going down as well...

[quote author=deakie link=board=29;threadid=3338;start=0#msg30742 date=1079525188]
    OE....you could try bit torrent. it would certainly make use of your 1.5mbit. its the fastest p2p app out there.
    then just search for anime bittorrent links. plenty pages will come up.
    i recco the azureus java client as one of th best and fastest. some of my mates swear by the shadow client though.
    [/quote]

My client of choice is BT++, I've been using it for a while now and it has been good to me. I've been hearing great things from Shadows Experimental Client but I haven't tried it as yet. Suprnova is really the only place I pick up my torrents but they down often. I have a few other torrent sites but there are not many seeds available.

[quote author=deakie link=board=29;threadid=3338;start=0#msg30744 date=1079525702]
    i also hear that shareactor is going down regularly these days.
    congress is also planning to attack the p2p brigade in the US.
    bit torrent will rule then.
    [/quote]

Wired Magazine has some info on plans for a government assault on P2P Networkd.

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_2

IGodIT, ShareReactor's as dead as a doornail. I've got to go Torrent soon. eDonkey network is far too inefficient...

Cable huh Gil?

Aside from OE, 'tronyx & Ropy, How many of you folks collect Naruto? I think hands down it's the ultimate anime series out there right now. Full stop. I've never seen another anime series with a story line this intense. Gill, I don't know if you dig the action/martial arts oriented Anime genre, but I'm sure once you watch the first 3 episodes, you're going to be hooked for at least another 71 episodes... (Episode 75 was shown earlier today on tv-tokyo).

Naruto summons the 9-tails against Gara's sand entity... this one should be a blast if its anything like the manga...

Naruto is like soap opera for men. Man it's awesome. ;D

This is like mumbo jumbo to me. I have never watched an anime before, nor do i know of any. Is this naruto thinghy in English or will I be reading captions?? and r these on dvds?

Mitchie, which part of Jamaica are you from?

Very near to u, Ur brother knows

So why don't you make a house call? Bring a hard drive. You can link me on the weekend if you're serious. By that time, I should have gotten today's episode of Naruto. 80 Gbs should do you just fine.

Japanese Anime is like cartoons for adults. They use a style of animation that is unique to Japan. The artwork is superfluous, usually with an extreme amount of attention paid to the detailing on their characters. Also, their characters often sport an interesting overaccentuation of certain aspects of their character. Especially female characters. American animation artists are almost never as meticulous or artistic. Furthermore, most Japanime have extremely intense storylines - most of which are not fit for young minds. So don't expect to find any Smurf cartoons in this lot.

I could start you off on the Naruto. I guarantee you that you will be blown away.

Then I might let you go on the Ninja Scroll ;D (watch behind closed doors! - LOL ;D) and then Princess Mononoke and then maybe Sen To Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away) along with Ghost in the Shell (inspiration for The Matrix movies).

It's largely fansubbed, so if you're interested, I hope you like to read. But if you listen carefully, you could pickup some very useful Japanese colloquial expressions. Especially some really colourful ones. 8)

Don't worry about legality. Japanese television is not covered by the copyright act. The only anime that is illegal are those bought and remastered by US television networks or production studios for showing in the states. Usually, those anime are severely watered down versions of the Japanese ones with very poor voice acting to boot. Blech...

If I had to choose between the expressive uncut, unedited Japanese original with subtitles and the severely butchered english dub with at least 10 minutes of footage removed from it for the tamer (and more fickle) american audience....

...I'd go with the orignial Japanese w. english subs ANY day.

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=29;threadid=3338;start=0#msg30854 date=1079582300]
    IGodIT, ShareReactor's as dead as a doornail. I've got to go Torrent soon. eDonkey network is far too inefficient...

Cable huh Gil?

Aside from OE, 'tronyx & Ropy, How many of you folks collect Naruto? I think hands down it's the ultimate anime series out there right now. Full stop. I've never seen another anime series with a story line this intense. Gill, I don't know if you dig the action/martial arts oriented Anime genre, but I'm sure once you watch the first 3 episodes, you're going to be hooked for at least another 71 episodes... (Episode 75 was shown earlier today on tv-tokyo).

Naruto summons the 9-tails against Gara's sand entity... this one should be a blast if its anything like the manga...

Naruto is like soap opera for men. Man it's awesome. ;D
    [/quote]

Xeno, next time post *Spoiler before a post like this star. I never watch episode 75 yet. If you have it mind hooking a brother up? Narutofan is down and Bakasan hasn't released yet.