Thread: Connecting 2 PCs

Default Connecting 2 PCs

here is the scenario my friend has a laptop that has files on it that i want now his LAN card was blown out by a power surge now to connect to the net he is using the USB port on the modem and i am using the LAN port how is it possible for me to transfer the files rom his to mine he has a wireless card and so do i but for some reason it doesnt pick up when i plug it in the usb on my pc well it picks up but it cant seem to find and drivers to install and when i plug it into other places it finds drivers jus fine so help
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

ok.. u kinda lost me...
    for some reason it doesnt pick up when i plug it in the usb on my pc well it picks up but it cant seem to find and drivers to install and when i plug it into other places it finds drivers jus fine so help
    wat other places u talking?.. usb on another machine?..
    the usb drivers for ur modem can be found on the cd that came with ur dsl package from cw.. i'm assuming thats wat u hav...

theres a cw cd, on it theres a driver folder, u can find them there.. get both of them on the same modem and i can tell u how to use the modem as a switch...
    Everything can be learnt, simply by not speaking...

If you both are connected to the same modem one through USB and one through RJ45 (network card) you should have access to each others machine since you would both be on the same network.

All you have to do is share the folder you want to access on one and browse to it from the other in My Network Places -> Entire Network -> Microsoft Windows Networks -> [MachineName] -> [SharedFolderName].

You may have to enable thguest account on the machine that is sharing the files.

Assumption: You both have Windows XP, both are set to automatically obtain IP, know your machine workgroup and name and know how to share files.

Regards
    Proven Jamaican Point Of Sale Software http://www.lintechsystems.net/

nvm i figured it out i re-installed windows and fixed everything
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

zerodeth
    Techie ≠ nvm i figured it out i re-installed windows and fixed everything
    I dream in my dream all the dreams of the other dreamers and I become the other dreamers.
    1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d