Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Jungle in Island Village- anyone been there?

Default Internet Jungle in Island Village- anyone been there?

have to follow a friend to Ochi tomorrow- was thinking to just sit down and do some work on my laptop for a few hours while they're in a meeting- anyone been to Internet Jungle in Island Village and know what kind of setup it is?

wireless?

coffee or drinks?

their website (of course) is blank

Smile

I have been there once and that was about 2 years ago! When I went there, it seemed very quaint looking ---> meaning that, it only had about 3 cubicles for Internet access and I saw no sign of refreshments or assistance from someone KNOWLEDGEABLE in Information Technology!

Anyways, best of luck ---> maybe they have advanced in some things, after all, ADSL in the picture now!
    "I don't procrastinate! I just manage my available time in an inefficient manner!"

Ummm.... are you sure it's still there? I believe someone told me a few months ago that it closed, but I can find out more tomorrow.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

There's a C&W office in Island Plaza (across the road from the Baskin Robbins in Ochi) with about 5 workstations with high-speed access. The cost is about $150 JA per 15 minutes if youre interested.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

I got confirmation that the Internet Jungle in Island Village closed two years ago and an In-Bond shop is there now. My source tells me they moved to the Burger King Mall.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Thanks for the replies I am going to walk down by burger king and see if it is there now

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I got confirmation that the Internet Jungle in Island Village closed two years ago and an In-Bond shop is there now. My source tells me they moved to the Burger King Mall.
    Okay, thanks for the newfound information ---> I guess I would have gone back there and made a fool out of myself, thinking that it was still there!
    I am going to check out their new location later in the month ---> thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by engineroom View Post
    Thanks for the replies I am going to walk down by burger king and see if it is there now
    It's now almost 12 hours ago ---> how was it?? What was it like there?? Anything great to behold?
    "I don't procrastinate! I just manage my available time in an inefficient manner!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican_diva View Post
    Okay, thanks for the newfound information ---> I guess I would have gone back there and made a fool out of myself, thinking that it was still there!
    I am going to check out their new location later in the month ---> thanks again!

It's now almost 12 hours ago ---> how was it?? What was it like there?? Anything great to behold?
    well i didn't see anything in the burger king plaza, so i went to island village and drank beer for a few hours

taj mahal does seem to have an internet cafe (they have a sign saying so) but i didn't go in to see if it was wireless or what

back in town now...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post

There is no Internet Cafe on Burger King Plaza (Island Plaza) besides the one that Moni-Q mentioned (C & W)
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5