Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Internet Jungle in Island Village- anyone been there?

Quote Originally Posted by renkin View Post
    there are very few internet cafe options in ochi and im 99% sure there are no places that offer wireless to the public. lived there for many years now and yet to find free wireless anywhere except in my office and house but nothing available to the average public.
    could be a potential business opportunity for someone entrepreneurial.
    was in mobay airport this weekend and even MBJ doesn't have wireless with all the new upgrades.
    What? Montego Bay airport does not have wireless access? Are you sure? From what I have heard that area has a few hot spots. I know for a fact that I can pick up two hot spots while driving pass the airport. I coudn't get to connect though, vehicle was moving. I know someone who gets free wireless quite some distance from the airport. I'm not sure if the signal is from the airport. I'll have to check. I have picked up several hot spots in the mobay area though, one or two seem to be encrypted but the rest seem to be free. Once again I couldn't connect to any due to moving vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by renkin View Post
    ochi sometimes has 3000 tourists during a single day or even more when a few ships are in.
    it was just a suggestion for someone who had the knowledge and desire to provide a service.
    i would contemplate offering it...but i'd need to know what equipment/software to provide besides the modem and wireless router i already have.
    Picture this.....I am on an all-inclusive vacation on a luxury cruise ship. Do you think I am walking with a computer?? There is no one on earth I need to be in contact with so badly!!
    I guess that's why the Ocho Rios entrepreneurs did not bother to open one, hence the premium prices being offered at the available locations