Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2/3MB Package Configuration - What does the technician do??

It seems C&W doesn't have the bandwidth for the new packages.That could be the only reason for the lengthy delays.Flow claims to have bandwidth capacity of up to 38.8mbps per customer.CWJ was trying to match Flow's speed with the new packages but flow doubled their speed.

I am going to try and backup my modem config.Its in Advanced->system in the web interface. Then I'll switch the template in the easy setup wizard to PPPoE.If that doesnt work then I will switch back to PPPoA.

If you guys don't hear from me for a while then I've probably screwed up my modem and cant get back on the net.

C&W is stalling customers until they get more bandwidth.

Switching to PPPoE is simple.Just use the easy setup wizard.The first page has three choices PPPoE/PPPoA/Bridged Ethernet.The second page asks for vpi/vci (but the previous vpi/vci is already selected) in a drop-down menu so u dont have to type anything(mine is 8.35).The last (or second to last-didnt go any further) page asks for username/password and "DSL access concentrator name"(must be the DSLAM) and "DSL service name". I clicked cancel at this point.

Those last two are the problem.Anybody know these?

C&W obviously thinks their customers are morons.Any decent company would provide the info just in case you are tech-savvy.Dont you guys (CWJ) expect us to read the manual that comes with the %&^*$! modem?.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    .......C&W obviously thinks their customers are morons.......
    from long time............
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Access Conentrator
    &
    Service Name

does these matter what u put it as? im going to try and do ppoe, there shouldn't be no real harm if ppl try, just reboot modem to factory config and setup back normal ppoa

It seems C&W doesn't have the bandwidth for the new packages.That could be the only reason for the lengthy delays.
    I'm heard the same thing too. I also heard that the max they can provide most peeps is 512KB. That should explain why the net is slow for some peeps.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    I'm heard the same thing too. I also heard that the max they can provide most peeps is 512KB. That should explain why the net is slow for some peeps.
    512?!! F--w is going to bury C&W.

UPDATE: Called CWJ today and asked 'em whats going on..They said its on to installation and should be on in a few days (where have I heard that b4?).They transferred me to tech support and I asked if I could do it myself..again.She said "no" and that some "re-wiring" needs to be done.RE-WIRING??!! WTF?!.She also said I had applied on August 25 and "it doesn't usually take this long".

I dont think any "re-wiring" needs to be done they just dont want customers "messing" with their equipment,dont have enough technicians and as I have stated b4 dont have the bandwidth.

They may have to add more lines to the DLC (if used) for the increased bandwidth but not at customer premises.
    Last edited by stevew; Sep 15, 2006 at 05:00 PM. Reason: names

i also called cust care about the webspace and i was told that i would have to upgrade to the 2mb package in order for them to tell me where it is
    Ita splendeat lux vestra

Quote Originally Posted by Techsavvy View Post
    i also called cust care about the webspace and i was told that i would have to upgrade to the 2mb package in order for them to tell me where it is
    ROFL

how gay is that...

I dont think any "re-wiring" needs to be done they just dont want customers "messing" with their equipment,dont have enough technicians and as I have stated b4 dont have the bandwidth.

My sources indicate that it is an upgraded DSLAM card that you get with this service and some minor wiring changes at the exchange. I called C&W this week and they said my line was re-wired at the exchange and that a technician would be visiting shortly .....

Anyone with the 2mb/3mb service, can you PM me the VCI/VPI numbers? thanks.